Lacrosse Dominates Pinecrest

Bradley Stewart, Sports Editor

The Green Hope lacrosse team routed Pinecrest 15-2 last evening.  The win moved the Falcons to 6-0 on the season. Green Hope is now tied for first in the Tri-6 with Athens Drive, as both teams sit at 4-0.  The Falcons have outscored conference opponents by 43 goals, establishing their firm position at the top of the league.

Senior Jack Larkin had a night to remember last night, scoring six goals and recording two assists.  It was the fourth time this season that Larkin had scored five or more goals. Junior Isaias Delgado was explosive on the pitch, scoring four goals, while adding five assists.  Aidan Callahan added two goals and three assists in the win. Ryan Cammarata, Jack Hemingway, and Brooks Almond all contributed a goal. Senior Goalkeeper Parker Morrisette said of the team, “We are playing really well together.  Offense is lighting up the scoreboard and defense is locking down opponents.” Morrissette was in goal for the Falcons and shut out Pinecrest in his 24 minutes of game action. He was taken out, as the game was already out of reach.  Morrissette, not so subtly, added, “we are ready to hang a banner this year.”

Green Hope looks to further extend their domination of North Carolina high school lacrosse teams on the road against Carrboro.  Their next home game is Friday at 6:30 against Athens Drive. Come out and support your Falcons!

About the Contributor
Bradley Stewart, Staff Writer
Hi, I’m Bradley, a senior sports writer on the Falcon News Feed staff.  This is my second year on the Falcon News Feed team.  I have spent my entire life in the Triangle.  I have an older brother and sister and a twin brother.  On weekends, I enjoy playing sports with my friends, especially basketball....