Hayley Sites

Hayley Sites

The Inkblot Spring 2018, Issue 1: Ignorance

Ignorance is  a very versatile term. Ignorance can be blissful, like being a child and not having many responsibilities to attend to. Ignorance can also be quite the opposite: it can make us view situations with a blind eye, ignorance can simply mean you are unaware. Each piece included in this issue has a unique play on this topic and there are a variety of different writing forms like poems, short stories, and skits that do a beautiful job representing the chosen theme. Ignorance is a very relevant topic, especially in the times we are living in today. These pieces will hopefully open your eyes and mind to what this topic really is.

Here are some words from this issue’s editorial council:

Being perceptive means knowing how ignorance plays a role in many of life’s conflicts, including ones which our writers presented today. My expectations were that they could display ignorance as a more complicated phenomena than what they’ve seen or heard, that sometimes it can actually be safe to remain ignorant, it could mean protecting your reputation. This theme is diverse, and you will see that through their varying forms of media as well as literary works. To this current generation, ignorance is especially brought up in conversation, and we wanted to ensure that our works were non biased, and I remain confident that they are. My hopes is that you will walk out of this Inkblot journal with a variety of perspectives about the true meaning of what ignorance is.

Lauren Bryant, 11th grade

Ignorance, for me, has always had an undertone of “I don’t know and I don’t care,” but it can be stretched into so much more and I really like how everyone took this topic and put their own twist on it. We all felt like this theme would be fun to work with because of how its been circulating in popular media today and there are numerous stances that people can take, from paranormal stories of ignorance to comedic skits about fake news. Ignorance could have a different undertone depending on who you talk to, and I think these stories reflect that really well.

Caroline Henes, 10th grade

In this day and age ignorance is a popular topic of conversation. All of us are ignorant to some aspects of the world around us. Ignorance can have a positive and negative connotation and can be presented in different ways.I hope this issue shines light on the many types of ignorance and can elicit thoughts and conversations.

Leyla Nadimi, 12th grade

Ignorance is a very prevalent but often overlooked subject which takes on many forms. In this issue, we hope to raise awareness about the types of ignorance out there, as well as the how truly detrimental it can be. Since this is the first issue and our first time working on it, not everything went smoothly, but nevertheless, the writers in this magazine worked really hard on their pieces, and we sincerely hope that you will enjoy this issue.

Olga Senyukova, 10th grade

I think the topic of ignorance is a really broad topic that should bring many unique perspectives and pieces. I am excited to see how each writer incorporates this topic into their work. I think ignorance is a really relevant topic to the times we live in and hopefully these pieces will enlighten their readers and spread awareness of this topic

Hayley Sites, 11th grade

Ignorance is a very frequent topic that occurs in a day-to-day basis, that can be set aside so easily. The editorial board chose this topic, because we wanted pieces to be written that are relatable to our readers. We wanted our writers to touch on subjects that mean something to them.  Ignorance is a very broad topic that can be easily be written in many different ways, by each individual writer. Our writers took on the task of telling the meaning of ignorance in their own ways.

Sidney Swigart, 11th grade

For the first 2018 Inkblot issue, we decided on the topic of ignorance. Ignorance is a broad topic, encompassing issues revolving around politics to comedy to prose. I and the rest of this issue’s editorial staff have made the tough decision on which works to include, and which works to pass up on, for this week’s issue. We hope you enjoy our choices.

Owen Whaley, 10th grade

Emerald Midas
6 Years Old, 11 Years Old, 12 Years Old l, 16 Years Old, 20 Years Old
Revealing the Truth about Blindness
Absence of Truth
She Knew, but Couldn’t Say
The Journey to Lathony
Masquerade of Misconceptions
All on the Last Day
Alternate Reality
No, I Didn’t Go To Davis Drive
La Mia Bella Italia
1965-The Year That Changed My Life
Spiritual Love and Ignorance
Deadbeat Dad
Diary of an Astronomer

The Falcon News Feed • Copyright 2018 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in