Indoor Nationals Preview

Sean Petersen and Ryan Kemper

Eight guys and five girls will be competing this weekend at the New Balance Indoor Track Nationals in New York City. Nationals will be the last indoor meet of the season and the stakes are high for both our male and female competitors.

The women headed to New York are Lily Reddick, Jordyn Parks, Lindsey Eastwood, Taylor Brown, and Erica Belson. They will be in the 4×400 meter relay competing against some of the best girls in the nation. The girls are aiming for a school record which is under 4:02.

On the guys side, eight seniors will be getting competitive on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Peyton Barish and Ryan Kemper will look to kick things off on Friday afternoon in the 5,000 meter race in a deep field. Matthew Kehn and Sean Petersen will look to continue the success that night in the 800 meter race. Saturday is full of relay events for the guys as both the 4xMile (Daniel Vo, Ryan Kemper, Peyton Barish, and Finn McBride) and the 4×800 (Sean Petersen, Ares Epps, Matthew Kehn, and Ian Delgado) will be aiming for All-American status. Capping off the weekend will be senior Ian Delgado running for an individual title as one of the presumptive favorites in the Championship 800 meter.

Be sure to wish these runners luck before they take on the best of the country!

Check out the link below to watch the Falcons Fly!

http://cdn.runnerspace.com/nbnlive.html

Girls 4×400 – 8:20pm (friday)

5k- 3:30 (friday)

800 – 6:55 (friday)

4xmile- 1:10 (saturday)

4×800- 7:00 (saturday)

800-  2:54 (sunday)

About the Writers
Sean Petersen, Staff Writer

Sean Petersen is a senior. He enjoys cuddling with his pet lizard. Sean’s favorite dish is Ziti el forno made by Mrs. Morton. In his free time, he like to take his pet lizard, Battleship, on walks around the neighborhood. Sean is new to the Falcon News Feed staff.