Lady Falcons Tie on the Pitch

Lady Falcons celebrate after a goal.

Lady Falcons celebrate after a goal.

@GHwomensVSOC Twitter

@GHwomensVSOC Twitter

Lady Falcons celebrate after a goal.

Kohl Abrams, Sports Writer

Last night, the Lady Falcons varsity soccer team took on former conference rival, Apex High. Green Hope opened their season last Wednesday against Wakefield, in a game which they tied 1-1. The team knew that Apex was going to be tough test, as they are a good team almost every year. The Cougars came out fast, as they scored in the 18th minute, and got out to a 1-0 lead. The Falcons scored soon after, as Junior Bridget Barrett found the back of the net to tie up the game. After the half, Apex put up another goal and took back the lead, 2-1. With around 10 minutes left, Senior Catherine Holbrook crossed the ball, and it hit off one of the Cougar players and went in. The action didn’t stop there. The game was tied 2-2 with less than a minute left and Apex had a great shot on goal, but senior keeper Skye Mckinnon made a great save to keep the game tied. As the timer ran out, the scoreboard showed 2-2 after a long 80 minute battle.

The team’s record now stands at 0-0-2, as they travel to Holly Springs tomorrow, in a non conference matchup against the Hawks. Come out and support the Falcons, as they try to secure the first win of the season.

Kohl Abrams, Senior Staff Writer

Kohl Abrams is a senior, who is on his second year at the Falcon. He is looking forward to making a great sports section for the Falcon, and showing the whole school his work. Kohl is on the Varsity baseball team for Green Hope, and he plays travel baseball outside of school. He also works at the YMCA. He says his favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, because he can enjoy football, good food, and family time. His favorite place is the beach, and he enjoys going in the water. That being said, he doesn’t like the sand. Kohl’s favorite animal is a monkey, because they make cool sounds and they get to climb around all day. If he could only have one pet, he would have to have a monkey. He took this class again because he really enjoyed last year, and he values the relationships made in this class.