Change is Coming

We encourage you to participate.

FNF Staff

We understand that whenever the conversation about guns comes up, it elicits strong feelings in those on all parts of the political spectrum.  However, every single one of us can agree that students, faculty, and administrators, present and future, have the right to life that our founders endowed upon us in the Declaration of Independence.

Some of us are Democrats, others are Republicans, and many of us fall anywhere in between. No matter where you stand on this issue, we all agree on one thing, this epidemic of school shootings must come to an end.  Change will take various forms across the country, and Wednesday’s walk-out is about us, the student body of Green Hope High School creating change in our community.  

No longer will we sit idly by as our fellow classmates live in fear. Bullets do not discriminate between liberals and conservatives, rich and poor, black and white, gay or straight, believer or non-believer and that is why this protest includes and affects all of us.  Each of us has our own story to tell, but what we are fighting for is a chance for those stories to be told. 

Change is coming, and we encourage everyone at Green Hope to be a part of this momentous wave that is sweeping the country.