Morning or Night Shower?

Ideliya Khismatova, Staff Writer

There’s two types of people: those who shower in the morning and those who shower at night. But which one is truly the better option? Is it just a silly debate or is there really a better time to take a shower?

Morning showers help the body wake up. They are a great addition to the morning routine to get your blood circulating and help your body adjust to being awake. Additionally, they help decrease stress by providing your body with more oxygen.

Have a weak immune system? Morning showers are probably for you, as they stimulate white blood cells, which are the cells in your body that defend you against illnesses.

If you have muscle aches, take the morning shower, but if you have difficulties with falling asleep, take a night shower. Taking a shower in the evening helps your body unwind and relax because of the drop in body temperature. By taking a warm shower about an hour and a half before you go to bed, your body has just the right amount of time to cool down and drop to the ideal temperature as you hit the hay.

One of the best reasons to take a night shower is because of all the oil and dirt on you from the day. If you go to bed without a shower, instead of bathing in water, you bathe in a bed of gunk. It is a good idea to wash away all the stuff that has clinged on to you throughout the day.

If you take a shower in the evening, you clear up time because you won’t have to take a shower the next morning.

Although it may be tempting to take both, it is not the best idea. Showering twice or more times a day (unless you’ve done a particularly dirtying activity like a mud race) will actually strip your skin of natural oils and cause either dryness and an irritated scalp or cause your body to overproduce oil to compensate for the dryness and you will end up breaking out.

So which one is better? Well, that answer is up to you. Both of them have similar benefits such as cleanliness and better skin, but the small differences can impact your decision. Or you can switch them up.  Just make sure you’re not late to school!

3 Responses to “Morning or Night Shower?”

1. Cole Hannen on February 22nd, 2018 9:01 am

Why not just shower in the AM and PM…

2. Joshua Harris on February 22nd, 2018 1:53 pm

I think this article is so awesome! If anyone wants to learn about when to shower, they should check this out! 12/10

3. Someone on February 22nd, 2018 4:22 pm

Obviously morning showers are better…

Let your voice be heard.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Is Mattress Firm a Front For a Money Laundering Operation?

• Morning or Night Shower?

International Women’s Day

• #whyGHwalks

Change is Coming

Is the Bell too Loud?

• Morning or Night Shower?

A New Captioning System

Morning or Night Shower?