Green Hope Weekly Wrap-Up 2/12-2/18

Bradley Stewart, Sports Editor

Men’s Basketball:

Green Hope competed in the first ever Tri-6 Tournament last week.  The team won the regular season championship and earned a bye in the tournament.  Their first game was in the semi-final against Jordan.  The Falcons pulled out a squeaker 67-63 win.  Chuck Hills led the team with 18 points and Ryan Shaffer recorded a double-double in the win.  Green Hope then got a rematch with Panther Creek for the championship.  The Falcons avenged a Senior Night loss with a 68-58 win.  PJ Fenton played big, scoring 18 points and grabbing 15 rebounds.  Hills and Shaffer were named Tri-6 All-Conference and Jordan Bates-Williams, Fenton, and Josh Savino were named Tri-6 Honorable Mention All-Conference.  Green Hope looks to make another deep run into the State Playoffs that start next week.

The Week Ahead:

Thursday vs Panther Creek/Sanderson

Women’s Basketball:

Green Hope competed in the first ever Tri-6 Tournament last week.  The team won the regular season championship and earned a bye in the tournament.  The Falcons started the tournament with a 53-40 win in the semi-final over Cary.  Nia Washington led the way for the Falcons, scoring 19 points and grabbing 14 rebounds in the win.  In the championship game, Green Hope handled Riverside, 63-51.  Nia Washington earned Tri-6 Player of the Year honors.  The girl’s earned the four seed in the 4A East and look forward to a potential run in the State Playoffs.

The Week Ahead:

Thursday vs Apex Friendship/Knightdale

Wrestling:

The Green Hope wrestling team had a number of All-Conference wrestlers.  Cole Furrie, Aryan Anerao, Tyler Couture, Jacob Benavente, Lucas Laszacs, and Nick Castro earned All-Conference honors in their respective weight class.

About the Contributor
Bradley Stewart, Staff Writer

Hi, I’m Bradley, a senior sports writer on the Falcon News Feed staff.  This is my second year on the Falcon News Feed team.  I have spent my entire life in the Triangle.  I have an older brother and sister and a twin brother.  On weekends, I enjoy playing sports with my friends, especially basketball.  I enjoy watching and playing basketball, football, and golf.  My favorite sports teams are the Steelers and Duke.