Filed under NEWS, SHOWCASE

Apple HomePod

It’s 2018, and robots are controlling our homes as well as everyday life. One of the top smart-home products at this time is a smart home assistant and speaker, with Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home being the top products in that category. Now, there is a new product on the market, this one by one of the world’s largest technology corporations: the Apple HomePod.

Like all other Apple products, the HomePod is integrable and can be used alongside other products by the company. It features Apple’s A8 chip, with the most updated operating system. It has a high-excursion woofer, a six-microphone array, and a seven-tweeter array, each one with its own amplifier. The device has mesh fabric covering all of the sides. The device is available in either Space Gray or white and weighs 5.5 pounds. Pre-orders have already started, and they are available beginning Friday, February 9th.

Similar to most smart home devices, the HomePod can connect to wi-fi and Bluetooth and it supports AirPlay from iOS devices, as well as Apple and PC computers and even Apple TVs. Apple HomePod is marketed using Apple Music as one of its main features. With Apple Music, HomePod can play over 45 million songs with a free, three-month free trial. HomePod can even learn one’s taste in music.

The speaker can adapt to wherever it’s placed in a room and has spatial awareness. It can also hear someone speaking from across the room, even if music is playing. The touch surface located on the top of the device has multiple functions: volume up, volume down, Siri activation, play/pause, skip forward, and skip backward.

Apple has plans for the future of the HomePod. In the coming months, Apple will allow stereo sound via an additional HomePod. They will automatically detect each other and can adjust the sound accordingly. Also, Apple will allow users to independently control multiple HomePods and enable them to play different things.

Apple HomePod can be used with Apple Music, iTunes music, podcasts, iCloud music library, and Beats 1 Live Radio. The device controls smart home accessories, including lights. Additionally, the HomePod can be used to set reminders, read the news, weather, messages, and even take phone calls. It costs $349.00 and is only available in the United States of America, United Kingdom, and Australia. All images are sourced from Apple, Inc.