My How to’s on Getting Through the Semester Strong

Coral Aman, Staff Writer

Welcome back to a new semester, filled with different classes and new faces!

The last two quarters of this school year will go by fast, and whether you are a senior, junior, sophomore, or even a freshman, make the most of it! Here are some tips to help you successfully get through this semester!

1. Do Not Procrastinate

No matter how tempting it may be, do not wait until the last minute to complete assignments or study. Start that project now, prepare for the SAT or ACT in advance, and do not wait until the night before to study for a big test. You will thank yourself in the end and most likely be happier with the results.

1. Stay Organized

Start this semester off right by staying on top of assignments and tests. Keeping track of important dates in an agenda is a great way to plan effectively for today and the weeks ahead.

1. Stay Motivated and Make Goals

Whether you are suffering from senioritis or just struggling to find motivation. Take it one day at a time and make goals for yourself. The end of this school year will be here before you know it. Make a goal to look back on this year knowing you tried your best!

1. Get Some Sleep

Although it is difficult to manage school work, jobs, extracurriculars, and a social life, be sure to catch some zzz’s. Getting enough sleep will increase energy levels and help you score higher on that next test.

1. Find Time Away From School

Even though school work can be stressful and pile up quickly, do not make school your entire life. Find time to get involved in extracurriculars you enjoy, spend time with friends or family, listen to music, or just spend some time outside. Your brain needs a break, and you do not want to get burned out so early in the semester.

Let’s finish out this year strong, Falcons! Have a great second semester!

Coral Aman, Copy Editor

Coral is a senior this year and it’s her second year taking the Falcon News Feed class. When she’s not running in the Cross Country or Track seasons, Coral enjoys spending time at the beach and even says if she had to live anywhere outside of the United States it would probably be a tropical island somewhere. Christmas is one of the best times of the year according to Coral; decorating and putting up the tree is her favorite family tradition. Many seniors get anxious to leave Green Hope and Cary, and Coral is no exception. Although she’s a little scared to leave everything she’s ever known, this senior also can’t wait to meet new people and have new experiences; she’s just hoping she doesn’t get senioritis as graduation nears! In the future, Coral hopes to see herself working as an occupational therapist and helping others with basics everyday things, or participating in scientific research, which makes perfect sense seeing as science and math are her two favorite subjects in school.