Missing Person Found on The Bachelor

Fox News

Fox News

Bradley Stewart, Sports Editor

Anyone who has seen The Bachelor or The Bachelorette knows that drama plays out on the screen. The drama isn’t always contained by the show and, sometimes, affects people outside of the show itself. A great example of this was on Season 12 of The Bachelorette, when it was revealed that Aaron Rodgers, an MVP NFL Quarterback, does not have a good relationship with his family by his brother, Jordan. This season of The Bachelor is no different, as one of the candidates was reported missing and found on the show.  

Rebekah Martinez is a contestant on this season’s rendition of The Bachelor. Her face appeared on a Facebook post showing missing persons. People immediately recognized her due to her new stardom on The Bachelor. The 22-year-old was reported missing by her mother on November 18. The report said that her mother didn’t have contact with Martinez for six days, prompting the declaration of a missing person. Apparently, Martinez contacted her mother the day she was declared missing. Due to police policies, however, she would only be declared “found” when direct contact had been made with the person. Just before 3:00 p.m. on February 1st, Martinez returned the call from authorities, officially taking her off the missing persons report. Senior Cameron Lyons, an avid Bachelor fan, said, “She probably doesn’t have a good relationship with her mom.” Lyons’ friend, Yash Amin added, “She’s really weird because she’s 22 and there’s a 14-year difference between her and the guy she’s trying to get with.”  

The Bachelor has not fallen short in drama, both on the show and off of it. Rebekah remains on the show, with seven other girls, who look to win the heart of Arie, this season’s bachelor. Tune in next Monday at 8 p.m. on ABC to watch The Bachelor play out.