JT Takes the Stage

Coral Aman, Staff Writer

On Sunday, February 4th, Justin Timberlake took the stage as the halftime performer for the 52nd Super Bowl. At halftime, the Eagles had a 10 point lead over the Patriots, but Timberlake allowed the fans to forget about the game for a few short minutes. His performance began inside, surrounded by dancers and bright lights. Timberlake made his way out onto the field as he sang his new hit: “Filthy.”

The singer’s outfit consisted of fringed sleeves, a camo shirt, and a red bandana around his neck. This appearance was not expected, but the look added to the performance. Timberlake sang a number of songs, both old and new. After “Filthy,” he belted into several other hits: “Rock Your Body,” “Señorita,” “My Love,” and “Cry Me a River.” The singer also performed the popular song “Mirrors,” during which hundreds of mirrors were carried around the field.

One of the most iconic moments in the performance was when Timberlake made a tribute to Prince, who is from Minneapolis. He sang one of Prince’s biggest hits, “I Would Die 4 U.” A large screen projected Prince’s face, and the entire stadium and surrounding city were lit with purple lights.

The show ended with one of the world’s favorite songs: “Can’t Stop The Feeling.” During this song, dancers dressed in vibrant colors filled the field. Timberlake ran into the stands and got a selfie with a young fan. Unfortunately, there were no special guests this year during the halftime show, but Timberlake did not disappoint.