Connor Dalbo Commitment

Kohl Abrams, Sports Writer

Connor Dalbo is a senior here at Green Hope. He is on the swim team and has been on the team since he was a freshman. Connor is a great student along with a great guy. In his career here, he won conference, regionals, and finished top 5 in the state. This past October, he committed to Southern Methodist University (SMU), where he will be swimming with the Mustangs next year.  

1. When did you begin playing the sport that you committed to? “When i was 4 years old i started swimming summer league.”
  2. What inspired you or pushed you to pursue a sport at the collegiate level? “There are lots of benefits to being a Division 1 Athlete, and I’m able to do something that i love at the highest level.”
  3. What schools were you considering before your commitment? “SMU, Dartmouth, Georgetown, and Miami OH.”
  4. What separated (SMU) from the others? “It was the best swim team and group of teammates. The campus was awesome and the coaches know what they are doing. They just built a brand new 50m pool , and all their facilities are A1.”
  5. Did sports prevent you from doing anything you would have done if you had not been occupied with sports? “I definitely would’ve had more time to hang out with friends and to study, but it was worth it.”
  6. Who is the most impactful person you have ever had in your sports life? “My parents, because they had to drive me to practice at 4 a.m. and meets far away. They also pushed me to succeed in all that i do.
  7. Do you know what you want to major in? “I’m not exactly sure, but I’m looking at business.”

• Connor Dalbo Commitment

Men's Basketball

Basketball Sweeps the Tri-6

• Connor Dalbo Commitment

SPORTS

Women’s Soccer Preview

• Connor Dalbo Commitment

Men's Basketball

Green Hope Weekly Wrap-Up 2/12-2/18

• Connor Dalbo Commitment

Men's Basketball

Basketball Headed to Conference Championship

• Connor Dalbo Commitment

SPORTS

Spring Sports Bold Predictions

Connor Dalbo Commitment