Green Hope Swim & Dive Dominates Conference

Coach Regan

Coach Regan

Bradley Stewart, Sports Editor

The Green Hope men’s and women’s Swim & Dive teams cruised to a Tri-6 championship on Saturday.  Much like they had the entire season, the Falcons dominated their opponents in the pool.  The men’s team won by 228.5 points, while the women’s team won by 145 points.  Winning the Tri-6 meet picked up two Fight for 55 points for Green Hope, extending their lead to 15.5 to 1.5.  With multiple Division 1 commitments, both teams look to contend for a state championship.  

Green Hope had multiple swimmers win individual Tri-6 championships.  Johns Hopkins commit Rebecca Ssengonzi won the conference championship in the 200m IM.  Ssengonzi, also, won the 100m Butterfly.  Maria Baric and Mitch Curlee won the 50m Freestyle.  The Falcons dominated the diving event as Sophia Ehlin and Walker Creedon took home individual Tri-6 championships.  Lauren Medlin won her only individual event, the 100m Freestyle.  In the men’s 100m Freestyle, Michael Ivy took home the gold, with Mitch Curlee and CJ Spence both finishing in the Top 4.  NC State commit John Healy dominated in the 100m Backstroke, while Connor Dalbo finished first in the 100m Breaststroke.

Following the meet, the teams are looking ahead to the state competition.  When asked about his thoughts on the team, senior CJ Spence said, “State champs ‘18,” citing the men’s team’s tremendous depth.  Michael Ivy plainly stated, “We want states.”  The NCHSAA Regional Championships is Saturday at 1:00 in Greensboro.  Good luck to the guys and girls!

• Green Hope Swim & Dive Dominates Conference

Men's Basketball

Basketball Headed to Conference Championship

Cary Tennis Park Bridges Closed Monday

SPORTS

Spring Sports Bold Predictions

Hard Work Pays Off for Team USA

Another Day, Another School Shooting