Announcements 1/29

Daily Dad Joke

Q: How do you organize a space party?

A: You Planet.

“Ticket 2 Play” sessions for SPRING SPORTS will take place in the MAIN GYM DURING LUNCH on the following dates:

BASEBALL/SOFTBALL – 1/29/18 (MON)

MEN’S TENNIS/MEN’S GOLF – 1/31/18 (WED)

WOMEN’S SOCCER – 2/2/18 (FRI)

MEN’S/WOMEN’S LAX – 2/6/18 (TUES)

TRACK & FIELD – 2/8/18 (THURS)

Media Center: Tell us what you think! Take the GHHS Library Student Survey and help us improve the Media Center. https://goo.gl/forms/mAJem97cd6cDXzmD2
Career Development Coordinator: 2018 GHHS Shark Tank/Entrepreneurial Competition GHHS is proud to have been awarded a grant originated by Senator Tamara Barringer to host a school-wide entrepreneurial Shark Tank competition. As part of the competition, student teams develop and propose a new business idea whether a product or service. Winners of the competition will be awarded cash prizes of up to $1500. Students from all grades are encouraged to participate. To find out more about the Shark Tank competition, please visit this webpage: https://ghhscareerdevelopment.weebly.com/shark-tank.html. The deadline for student teams to join the competition is February 5th.
Unified Champion Schools: The Unified Champion Schools club strives to allow for special education students and regular education students a chance to interact. The club will be meeting Wednesday, Jan. 31st during lunch at 10:40 am in Room 208.
Triangle’s Got Talent (Hosted by Cary Teen Council): Got talent? Come showcase your abilities on April 21st at this years charity event! All proceeds will be received by the Relief for Recreation fund! Audition dates: February 6th & February 13th at Cary Theatre You can sign up to audition with the link: www.tinyurl.com/tgt2018

Clubs @ Green Hope

All Clubs: The list of existing clubs and advisors here at GHHS is up and active.

Spanish Club: Spanish club’s January meeting is canceled due to it being a crazy month. Next meeting will be at the beginning of next month.

French Club: Attention francophones! The French Club is looking for GHHS native speakers of French to join our club. Our next meeting is January 30 in Mod 1 Room 7. Bring your lunch and join our club!

History and Geography Club: History and Geography Club meets every Friday BOTH HALVES of Lunch in Mod 2-1. Our website is: http://ghhshistorygeography.weebly.com If you have any questions, contact: Rohan Rajesh rrajesh@students.wcpss.net Kevin Liu kxliu@students.wcpss.net

GHHS Microsoft Office Specialist Club: Hi all! GHHS MOS Club meets every other Friday second half of lunch in room 2322 to certify (test taken to recognize oneself as a pro in an application), to compete in a worldwide well-known competition where winners can potentially win $10,000, and to share tips and tricks about Microsoft applications 🙂 There are many benefits that come with this club. This club provides practice for the competition on every Wednesdays and Fridays both halves of lunch in room 2322. Feel free to drop by anytime to know more or join the club! No prior knowledge is required 🙂 Contact us at ghhsmos@gmail.com if you have any questions or concerns. Hope to see you all there!!

Speech and Debate Club: Speech and Debate Club meetings on Tuesdays every week, second half of lunch, RM 3306 http://www.ghhsspeechandebate.weebly.com/

Green Hope Food Ark: Missed the interest meeting? Fill out this form if you are interested in joining our efforts to end food insecurity! https://goo.gl/forms/NETCSWZfkaPV5faP2

Stock Brokers Club: Do you want to learn how to trade? Interested in a career on Wall Street? Come to the Stock Brokers Club to learn how to properly invest and make a profit. We meet every Friday first half of lunch in room Mr. Bauld’s Room (2306). No prior knowledge is required. For more information contact 919-434-5585 or msfarrington@students.wcpss.net

GH DREAM: The GH DREAM club seeks to help refugees who come to our community by gathering donations and raising awareness about their issues. Join us on Tuesdays during the first half of lunch in Mrs. Yamauchi’s classroom–Mod 4, Rm 6.

Green Hope Girls Ultimate Frisbee: Interested in learning or playing the sport of Ultimate? The Green Hope Girls’ team, sanctioned by Triangle/USA Ultimate, meets 3x a week, with fall/spring tournaments and a spring league as well. All (including beginners) are welcome! Joining our team is a fun form of exercise and a great way to make friends and meet a whole new community of people. For more information, please email soniarao2001@gmail.com.

Environmental Club: Come to Environmental Club meetings every Thursday from 2:30-3:15 in room 316! Everyone can attend. You can receive APES hours for attending meetings.

The History and Geography Club meets every Friday, Mod 2-1, B Lunch

Upperclassman Information

Tutoring Club: Anyone who wants to be tutored or be a tutor can sign up at https://sites.google.com/site/ghtutoringclub/

Career Conversation – Financial Planning

On Tuesday, 02/06 during lunch A, in the auditorium, students are invited to hear from Ipcit Shah, a Private Wealth Advisor, and President of Ipcit Wealth Management Group. Mr. Shaw will speak to students about a career as a Financial Planner. Questions about this event should be directed to Ms. Barone in room 2203.

School Counselor: Attention seniors: The scholarship newsletter is now posted on the Student Services webpage under “Resources”. The newsletter will be updated with new scholarships on a regular basis. Please be sure to stay updated and remember to submit scholarships by the posted deadline.

ATTN: Juniors and Seniors
In order to attend a college visit, students MUST sign up for Student Services and get a pass by 7:25 am for morning visits and by 11:18 for afternoon visits.  These meetings are for Students Only.

The following is a link to the details of the Coach Bob Pittard scholarship.