Four Hours in Four Days

WCPSS+Twitter
WCPSS Twitter

WCPSS Twitter

WCPSS Twitter

Erin McIndoe, Staff Writer

Green Hope students started off 2018 with a bang.  With the buses not working properly after the winter break, all Wake County Schools were put on a two hour delay schedule.  The school happened to be extremely cold five out of the six boiler heaters in the building were not working.  The first floor was so cold that kids kept their winter jackets, hats, and gloves on throughout the morning.  During second period, Mrs. Summers came on the announcements giving kids the news that made their new year.  She said that we were being let out at 11:43 a.m. because the heat was broken.  From there on out no one was paying attention to the work that they was assigned, but rather planning on what they would do with their friends that afternoon with their impromptu early release.

After that the pleasant surprises just kept on coming to the WCPSS students.  Again on Wednesday during second period, Mrs. Summers came on the loudspeaker and told us that we would be getting let out two hours early, and each of our classes would be only an hour long.  Kids raced out of the school to their cars, and waited on the eventual inclement weather that had yet to come.  After an afternoon of waiting, students began to see the snowfall they had hoped for all day.  The announcement from everyone’s favorite twitter account came soonly there after.  School was cancelled for Thursday and the then for Friday, so students got a four day weekend after a four hour school week.  

The best part about getting school cancelled for snow are the tweets from WCPSS and the students.  Images of people’s icy streets, driveways, and sidewalks flood the twitter feed in hopes that the students can convince Wake County for just one more day off.  Wake County has been a particularly funny Twitter in previous years, but this one was not it’s best.  While the kids of Wake County are patiently waiting for another snow day to occur, the parents and teachers are praying that the roads will stay clear so their kids get an education or even just get out of their hair for the day.  I have no doubt in my mind that WCPSS is really just waiting for their sassiness to hit an all time high at some point this winter, so kids will switch on those notifications until March.

Erin McIndoe, Managing Editor
This year in the Falcon News Feed Erin McIndoe, the senior class president here at Green Hope High School, is looking forward to getting involved in the school and to continue to write interesting articles. She has one older sister, plays volleyball, and her favorite holiday is Christmas because of the happy feeling. After high...