Swimming Starts Postseason Run

Men's and Women's Swim finishes regular season.

GH Talon

GH Talon

Peyton Barish, Sports Editor

Green Hope swimming capped off their undefeated regular season with victories over Jordan, Holly Springs, and Wakefield.  The men dominated, winning by 69 points while the women put together another 48 point decimation of the other schools.  These wins have become commonplace for a swim team that has been deeper this year than in recent memory.  

On the men’s team, a strong team led by seniors Connor Dalbo and John Healy looks to win a “conference title, regional title, [and] state title” according to Healy.  They have put together a squad that stands a great chance of taking down defending champions South Mecklenburg.  Athens Drive also looks to provide a challenge to the Falcons as they look for a swimming title.  Both teams have some incredibly fast swimmers, but the Falcons depth should win them another state title.  Individually the Falcons are hopeful for some state titles which would further bolster their case for a state title.  Healy would like to win a “state title in the 100 backstroke and the 4×50 meter medley relay.”  Winning the title in the 100 backstroke would be Healy’s first individual title in a storied career for Green Hope swimming.  

The girl’s team has a tougher road to a state title, but with some standout performances, anything is possible.  Led by senior Rebecca Ssengonzi and newcomer to the team Maria Baric, the girls have brought back flashes of the almost dynastic dominance displayed when Hannah Moore attended the school.  Ssengonzi believes that they can win both a conference and regional title, but acknowledges that a state title will be a tough accomplishment.  She looks at Charlotte Catholic and Leesville Road and believes that those two teams are the ones to beat because of their depth in almost every event.  However, some standout performances from the Lady Falcons could possibly bring home a state title.  Best of luck to both of our swim teams this championship season, we can’t wait to see what hardware you bring home.

• Swimming Starts Postseason Run

Don’t Stress About Junior Year

• Swimming Starts Postseason Run

Four Hours in Four Days

• Swimming Starts Postseason Run

Winter Sports

Green Hope Wrestling Grabs Two Conference Wins

• Swimming Starts Postseason Run

California Mudslides

• Swimming Starts Postseason Run

Men's Basketball

Green Hope Jumps over Jaguars 68-66 in OT

Swimming Starts Postseason Run