A Year in Review: Falcons Give Back

Erin McIndoe, Staff Writer

This year has been a great year for Green Hope and it’s community service.  Over this past summer I met with Coach Fegeley to put together the works for a community service project.  We planned to hold a fundraiser in support of an organization called Soles4Souls.  This organization travels to different countries and donated shoes to help rebuild economies, especially in third world countries.  These shoes assist in allowing people to get jobs, go to school, or even be used for them to repurpose and resell to help their economies.  At the main event of volleybros and the shoes donated at designated sports games gathered 124 pairs of shoes and $245.28 in monetary donations all going directly to Soles4Souls.  

The next event in the Falcons Give Back initiative was Staffsketball.  The boys of falconnewsfeed worked with the Student Athletic Leadership Council in the planning of the game and the charity it would be supporting.  Staffsketball was a huge success, we had a full house in the gym and the students defeated the teachers 46-35.  The bigger win was that we raised four car loads of non perishable items and $675 in support of a nonprofit organization Raleigh Rescue Mission.  This organization provides help for those in need either for just an overnight stay or for a whole year program to help people get back on their feet. On Saturday a group of of athletes and I went to deliver the food items, money, and get a tour.  

As a school and athletic program it is important for us to give back to those who are less fortunate.  The items that we are able to donate to organizations like Soles4Souls and Raleigh Rescue Mission are able to change lives, so I encourage everyone to give some donations this holiday season and make someone else’s wish come true.

Erin McIndoe, Managing Editor
This year in the Falcon News Feed Erin McIndoe, the senior class president here at Green Hope High School, is looking forward to getting involved in the school and to continue to write interesting articles. She has one older sister, plays volleyball, and her favorite holiday is Christmas because of the happy feeling. After high...