ARE YOU READY TO DELVE INTO THE DUNGEON?

Klei Entertainment

Klei Entertainment

Bhargav Joshi, Staff Writer and Resident IT Guy

This week, we are doing a review one of Klei Entertainment’s biggest hits, The Darkest Dungeon. It is a dungeon crawler game with the most unforgiving mechanics.  The game consists of you, the heir to the house, and you have to purge the evil your ancestor has released onto the land.  The game’s entire flow is based on the usage of time in terms of weeks.  At the beginning of each week, you are in The Hamlet, where you can heal recruit hero, train them and heal them from the horrors that they face in the depths of the manor.  You have a wide roster of heroes to choose from.  There is the Holy Crusader, Cunning Highwayman, the Pure Vestal, and many more.  Every happy jaunt into the darkness of the estate has a few choices. You can go into one of four locations, the ruins where the dead walk among you, the warrens where the amalgams of flesh and bone wander to praise their gods, or the Weald where the hag lives and disease is food.  On these quests, you take four heroes, buy equipment and set off.  When you are in the dungeons there are more things than hunger you have to worry about.  The light of the torch is your only ally and the stress of the events in the dungeons can kill faster than poisons or wounds, but those are important too.  You make your way hacking and slashing your way through the hordes of evil until you get heroes strong enough to go into the heart of the estate.  Here you will fight the most ungodly horrors, and must face the evil that is plaguing you estate.  Sound fun right?  I forgot to mention one thing, the game is an ironman.  If you are not familiar with this soul destroying term, it means that when one of your heros die, they are dead.  There are no resets, and there is no reopening the save file. Are you ready to save your home?

The game is a very fun one for those who like a real challenge.  The mechanics of the game are intricate yet easy to understand.  The game is decided by a large amount of luck and even more skill.  The game allows for large amounts of customization in terms of team compositions and upgrades. The game is great for anyone who wants to try to slay the Eldritch and save your home.  This game gets 9 eldritch horrors out of 10.   

• ARE YOU READY TO DELVE INTO THE DUNGEON?

The Last Jedi Shines As Latest Star Wars Film

Fashion

Fashion Friday: Ms. Bradshaw

Fashion

Fashion Friday: Justin Ho

Fashion

Fashion Friday: Erica Belson

Eminem’s “Revival”