Fake News Feed

Bradley Stewart, Staff Writer

The Falcon News Feed has adopted a secondary name in the past year, the Fake News Feed. It is commonly known that most news agencies are liberally biased and President Trump has tarnished their credibility by calling them “Fake News.” One of the most memorable times was when CNN published articles attacking Trump for saying, “Saddam Hussein was a good guy,” and having the headline read, “Trump praises Saddam Hussein.” CNN conveniently left out the rest of the quote as Trump actually said, “he was a bad guy — really bad guy. But you know what? He did well? He killed terrorists. He did that so good.” The President has repeatedly called CNN, FNN or Fake News Network, and now the Falcon News Feed has their own version of the name.

The biases begin with their coverage of politics, specifically Donald Trump.  The infographic below shows just how biased the Falcon News Feed is. A study was conducted to find how biased the Falcon News Feed is against Trump.  An anti-Trump article is one that paints Trump in an intentionally negative light, while a pro-Trump article defends and boosts Trump’s positions.  The goal is a fair-Trump article that plainly states the facts, without much, if any, non objective words. Since 2015, there have been fifteen anti-Trump articles, eight fair-Trump articles, and one pro-Trump article posted on the site. This includes all FNF articles, not just editorials. A student who wished to remain anonymous said that “It is sad that Trump is not getting a fair shake, not just on the major news outlets, but even our school newspaper.” This unfair coverage needs to stop and the Fake News Feed needs to completely change their biased agenda.

Without a doubt, there has been a number of controversial statements made by President Trump.  If you watch the news, you would know this, as it is the only topic covered by mainstream news.  However, you might not know that the Stock Market is at an all-time high.  With the Senate’s passage of the GOP’s new tax plan, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 58.46 points to 24,290.05, which is a record for the closing high.  As we move deeper into the holiday season, one would expect the markets to continue to rise. The unemployment rate has fallen to 4.1%.  The rate has not been this low since 2001, but there seems to be a serious lack of reporting regarding this information from mainstream news agencies.  

Every day, the Falcon News Feed’s evident bias increases.  From their overcoverage of Trump’s controversial statements to the severe lack of coverage of Trump’s accomplishments, the Falcon News Feed needs a dramatic change if it wants to keep its crown as one of the best high school newspapers in the state.

Bradley Stewart, Staff Writer

Hi, I’m Bradley, a senior sports writer on the Falcon News Feed staff.  This is my second year on the Falcon News Feed team.  I have spent my entire life in the Triangle.  I have an older brother and sister and a twin brother.  On weekends, I enjoy playing sports with my friends, especially basketball.  I enjoy watching and playing basketball, football, and golf.  My favorite sports teams are the Steelers and Duke.