Snow This Weekend?

Coral Aman, Staff Writer

The time of year has arrived when the weatherman predicts a foot of snow and we end up with an inch of ice. Beginning last night, rain moved into central North Carolina, and this precipitation will continue through this morning. Temperatures are expected to cool off into the forties starting today. According to meteorologist Elizabeth Gardner, Tuesday was the “last mild day we will see for quite some time.” Yesterday may have been the last seventy-degree day of the year. Beginning this weekend, temperatures will drop into the twenties.

Meteorologists are predicting that the Triangle will have some form of a wintry mix this Friday and Saturday. The low temperatures will be in the thirties, and there is a forty percent chance of snow. This will not be multiple inches of snow or result in a week of snow days, but this weekend might mark the beginning of a winter season filled with lots of white.

Students at Green Hope have mixed opinions regarding snow days. Some students enjoy the day off, while others would rather be in school than sacrifice their spring break or workdays. Freshman Liz Aman stated, “I would rather have a delay or early release than miss an entire day because we have to make it up.” Last year, several work days were removed, and in the 2015-16 school year, Wake County students lost three days off of spring break due to snow days.

Coral Aman, Copy Editor

Coral is a senior this year and it’s her second year taking the Falcon News Feed class. When she’s not running in the Cross Country or Track seasons,...