Announcements 12/5

Interested in joining  next semester? Fill out this application form to be considered. Application window closes on Friday 12/15.

Falcon News Feed Staff
Want to join our team?

Daily Dad Joke

Q: What do you call an elf who sings?

A: A wrapper!

Fill out this survey about your favorite holiday!!

https://goo.gl/forms/dnIHxL90tyEJfXha2

NO ONE EVER MADE IT BEING ORDINARY…

STUDENTS: We are having a musical interest meeting for our spring musical, SIDE SHOW, on Friday, December 8, during lunch in the chorus room.Learn about the audition process, the story behind this amazing show, and more. Any student who is interested in auditioning for the musical needs to attend this meeting. Any GHHS student is eligible to audition! No experience required! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Gorski at jgorski@wcpss.net. Thank you!!

GH Drama Dept.
Side Show interest meeting is December 8 during lunch in the chorus room.

Media Center: Tell us what you think! Take the GHHS Library Student Survey and help us improve the Media Center. https://goo.gl/forms/mAJem97cd6cDXzmD2

GHHS vs PCHS Food Drive: GHHS and PCHS are collecting can goods for the Food Bank of North Carolina.  GHHS food drive is from November 27 to December 13.  The school that collects the most food will give their school shirt to the other principal to wear for a day! Since it is not on my bucket list to wear a Panther Creek shirt, please bring in your extra can goods to the front office.

GHHS Orchestra: Eastern Regional Orchestra (ERO) Info 2017-2018 Auditions • Date: January 13 • Location: Cape Fear High School, 4762 Clinton Rd., Fayetteville, NC 28312 • Audition Time: 12:15 pm • Fee: $5 ( Due to Wilson by December 5) • Late Registration Fee: $15 cash only (must be paid before 11:15 AM audition day) ________________________________________

Clinic • Date: February 16-18 • Location: To be determined • Fee: $25 * See Mr. Wilson room 606 or 502 for more details.

Sophomore Student Council: There’s a Sophomore Pizza Party at Original NY Pizza (2763 NC-55, Cary) from 6-8PM! It’s 25% off for all GH sophomores. Also, please bring cans for the food drive!!!

Chorus: Everyone is invited to come out for the Winter Chorus Concert on Tuesday, December 12 at 7:00 p.m. in the GHHS auditorium. Tickets can be purchased for $5 online (Go to www.greenhopefinearts.org/chorus.html) or for $7 at the door. The concert will feature our Mixed Chorus, Sorelle Sound, and Voices of Hope. Come out and enjoy an evening of music!

Career Conversation: Career Conversation – VetPAC from NCSU College of Veterinary Medicine GHHS students are invited to visit with students who are studying to become Veterinarians on Tuesday, December 5, 2017, during A lunch in the Auditorium. Learn about what it takes to become a Vet, including the best majors in college, and classes that could benefit you in high school! Learn more at https://harvest.cals.ncsu.edu/vetpac/ Students can earn tutorial credit by attending the Career Conversation and signing in.

The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society: Do you want to make a significant impact in the blood cancer world? Do you want to gain an inspiring experience that you would remember for the rest of your life? Do you want to be recognized as a leader and a hero in your community? You can have the opportunity to experience and participate in such a program like I have. I, Pauline Etchi, 2017 Triangle Student of the Year Nominee and Community Involvement Winner, encourage you to compete with other students all over North Carolina to gain the title of Student of the Year, make a great positive imprint in blood cancer research, and continue the Green Hope High legacy after me in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! For more information (with direct contact), email me at pauline.etchi@gmail.com! Thank you!

Clubs @ Green Hope

All Clubs: The list of existing clubs and advisors here at GHHS is up and active.

Spanish Club: Spanish Club is meeting at Mod 1, Room 4 on December 5th during lunch to sing Spanish holiday carols. Come join and sing along. You can bring your own Spanish carols.

Koren Culture Club: Our interest meeting is December 7th during tutorial A of lunch on Thursday in room 2318! (not 2305) Remember, coming does not mean you are required to join, so come visit us if you are the slightest bit interested 🙂 You DO NOT need to be Korean.

Quidditch Club: Eternal glory! That’s what awaits the students who win the Triwizard Tournament. In order to do this, you must survive 2 weeks of tasks through the Group Me app AND one lunch period of competition. Extremely dangerous competition. Anyone wishing to enter themselves into the tournament need only contact Mary Bowman your name in the and a School you wish to represent. (Mary will add you to a group me so please be prepared. If you have any complications please let her know.) Please do not do so lightly! If chosen, there’s no turning back. As from this moment on, the Triwizard Tournament has begun. The competition will take place December 4th – December 11th. On Thursday, December 12th during both lunches, we will have the final task – a face to face competition and a tally of the final points. Please only sign up if you plan to participate. Should death or serious injury occur prior to the competition leaving you unable to participate, please alert a professor (Ms. Beers). Sign-ups go until December 3rd.

Math Club: Registration for the AMC-10 and AMC-12 math contests is now open. See Mr. Wyatt in room 2320 to pick up a registration form. The contest will be Wednesday, February 7, after school. The cost is $5.

History and Geography Club: History and Geography Club meets every Friday BOTH HALVES of Lunch in Mod 2-1. Our website is: http://ghhshistorygeography.weebly.com If you have any questions, contact: Rohan Rajesh rrajesh@students.wcpss.net Kevin Liu kxliu@students.wcpss.net

GHHS Microsoft Office Specialist Club: Hi all! GHHS MOS Club meets every other Friday second half of lunch in room 2322 to certify (test taken to recognize oneself as a pro in an application), to compete in a worldwide well-known competition where winners can potentially win $10,000, and to share tips and tricks about Microsoft applications 🙂 There are many benefits that come with this club. This club provides practice for the competition on every Wednesdays and Fridays both halves of lunch in room 2322. Feel free to drop by anytime to know more or join the club! No prior knowledge is required 🙂 Contact us at ghhsmos@gmail.com if you have any questions or concerns. Hope to see you all there!!

Speech and Debate Club: Speech and Debate Club meetings on Tuesdays every week, second half of lunch, RM 3306 http://www.ghhsspeechandebate.weebly.com/

Green Hope Food Ark: Missed the interest meeting? Fill out this form if you are interested in joining our efforts to end food insecurity! https://goo.gl/forms/NETCSWZfkaPV5faP2

Stock Brokers Club: Do you want to learn how to trade? Interested in a career on Wall Street? Come to the Stock Brokers Club to learn how to properly invest and make a profit. We meet every Friday first half of lunch in room Mr. Bauld’s Room (2306). No prior knowledge is required. For more information contact 919-434-5585 or msfarrington@students.wcpss.net

GH DREAM: The GH DREAM club seeks to help refugees who come to our community by gathering donations and raising awareness about their issues. Join us on Tuesdays during the first half of lunch in Mrs. Yamauchi’s classroom–Mod 4, Rm 6.

Green Hope Girls Ultimate Frisbee: Interested in learning or playing the sport of Ultimate? The Green Hope Girls’ team, sanctioned by Triangle/USA Ultimate, meets 3x a week, with fall/spring tournaments and a spring league as well. All (including beginners) are welcome! Joining our team is a fun form of exercise and a great way to make friends and meet a whole new community of people. For more information, please email soniarao2001@gmail.com.

Environmental Club: Come to Environmental Club meetings every Thursday from 2:30-3:15 in room 316! Everyone can attend. You can receive APES hours for attending meetings.

The History and Geography Club meets every Friday, Mod 2-1, B Lunch

Upperclassman Information

Tutoring Club: Anyone who wants to be tutored or be a tutor can sign up at https://sites.google.com/site/ghtutoringclub/

School Counselor: Attention seniors: The scholarship newsletter is now posted on the Student Services webpage under “Resources”. The newsletter will be updated with new scholarships on a regular basis. Please be sure to stay updated and remember to submit scholarships by the posted deadline.

ATTN: Juniors and Seniors
In order to attend a college visit, students MUST sign up for Student Services and get a pass by 7:25 am for morning visits and by 11:18 for afternoon visits.  These meetings are for Students Only.

College visit on Thursday 12/7 at 9 am – NC State College of Agriculture and Life Sciences

Falcon News Feed Wishes These Students a Happy Birthday!

Jake Beja

Pierson White

Hannah Kirkpatrick

Annie Liang

Image result for happy person gif

• Announcements 12/5

DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 12/15

• Announcements 12/5

DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 12/14

• Announcements 12/5

DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 12/13

• DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 11/12

• DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 12/11

Announcements 12/5