IPhone X vs. Pixel 2XL

Which phone is better?

By Rafael Fernandez (Own work) [CC BY-SA 4.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

Which phone is better?

Bilal Azzam, Staff Writer

For months, everyone has been anxious about the new iPhone X. Technology website CNET states that it is one of the best phones of 2017. However, Google’s new Pixel 2 and 2XL phone has recently been released, and many people believe it can end Apple’s reign, as stated by Mashable.

The new Pixel 2 and 2XL come with endless photo storage, earbuds that double as a translator, and many other features. However, it may not be a the best phone for students as features that have been added to the Pixel 2 and 2XL are meant mostly for people in the business industry, because Google has incorporated features that assist in professional communication. The iPhone X may be a better choice for students, since it includes features like Airdrop, a stronger messaging app, and FaceTime.

Also, the iPhone has many more users than the new Pixel, and it is much easier to talk and communicate with other people. The iPhone’s easy-to-use surface makes it very easy to handle and its processor works smoothly. Students would need this device because a lot of their work is time-sensitive, and they need a reliable phone that they know wouldn’t crash or lag when they need it. Apple’s devices are not susceptible to viruses, which relieves many of their users. The devices are also very secure, and it is nearly impossible to get into them. Fellow peers or friends may want to prank them or play around with their phones, but Apple’s security prevents them from doing anything without the permission of the phone owner.

Clearly, both phones are very useful, bur for two different purposes. A person looking to buy one of these phones would probably have to ask themselves, “Why do I want a phone, and for what use?” Overall, Apple’s discounts and deals on their iPhones and other Apple products make them more popular amongst children, user-friendly, and secure.  

Bilal Azzam, News Editor
Bilal is a Junior in is his second year on staff. Originally from New Jersey, Bilal moved to Egypt when he was six years old and spent 5 years in Cairo until eventually settling in Cary. He is looking forward to Junior year so that he can go off campus to Chick-Fil-A at lunch. On...