Green Hope Fall Sports Awards Predictions

Green+Hope+Fall+Sports+
Green Hope Fall Sports

Green Hope Fall Sports

GH Athletics

GH Athletics

Green Hope Fall Sports

Sean Petersen and Brandon Morton

Tonight, Green Hope Athletics will be holding their annual Fall All-Sports Banquet. This is where every fall student-athlete comes together to have dinner, receive team awards, and celebrate a successful, productive season of Green Hope sports. After the success of the past sports season, this awards ceremony will be one of the most decorated banquets Green Hope has ever had. Men’s Cross Country, Volleyball, and Women’s Tennis all won their respective state championship this season. Women’s Cross Country finished runner-up, closely behind Cardinal Gibbons. Specific awards for each team will be handed out, and here are our predictions on who is going to win each.

Football MVP- Blake Watson. This was one of the toughest predictions to make as there was other players such as Paul Robinson and Jordyn Adams that we seriously considered for this award. Our prediction for football MVP is Blake Watson due to his position versatility. Watson lead in receiving touchdowns, while also holding up his ground on the defensive end with two interceptions. He played almost every minute of every game. Blake also averaged over six yards per rushing attempt.

Women’s Volleyball MVP. Sydney Dowler. This sophomore led the Falcons to a second straight State Championship. She won the State Finals MVP for the second season as well. Sydney had 176 digs and 135 kills, both well over the national average. Dowler has proven herself as one of the most elite players Green Hope Volleyball has ever seen and is hoping to continue her success her last two years as a Falcon.

Soccer MVP – Patrick O’Neill. He accounted for 14 clean sheets this season, and his play on the field allowed him to be on the All-State Soccer Team. Despite his defensive position, he also assisted 6 goals this season. O’Neill was a versatile figure for the Falcons as a junior and is hoping to continue that success his senior year. The soccer team made a deep run in the playoffs, only to lose to eventual state champions Cardinal Gibbons in the Elite Eight. O’Neill was a key contributor to this success, despite the team losing 18 seniors the 2016-2017 team.

Women’s Tennis MVP. Katie Andreini. As a freshman, Andreini was the singles state runner-up. She was a key factor in the state championship. This year, the tennis team had no seniors, so the leadership of juniors Sophia Gray and Cynthia Xiao was a big factor for the team. The team went undefeated this year, and Katie Andreini was crucial in this perfect season for Green Hope.

Men’s Cross Country MVP. Peyton Barish. This senior led the Cross Country team to Nike Nationals. Also, he is the school record holder for the 5K, with a time of 15:18. His leadership was proved this year because he pushed every member of the top 5 to run under 16 minutes at Nike Southeast Regionals. Peyton still has both track seasons to continue breaking records and hopefully leading the Falcons to more championships.

Women’s Cross Country MVP. Kelsey Vogel. Kelsey led the women’s Cross Country team to a second place finish at the state championship and finished 5th individually at the meet. Vogel, only a sophomore, was the fastest girl on the team by more than 30 seconds and looks to lead the girls team to even more success in her next two years.

Women’s Golf MVP – Lauren Nee. The women’s Golf team finished 9th at the state championship and second in the Tri-Six. The team was led by Lauren Nee as she averaged the lowest amount of points and was a captain. Lauren has been a key contributor to the Golf team for all four of her years at Green Hope and really upped the bar her senior year.

Men’s Fall Sports MVP. Peyton Barish. This decision was based off of what Peyton did for this program as a whole. The team made it all the way to Nationals and Barish being the #1 runner on the team, played a huge role. He won conference runner of the year, region runner of the year, and team state championship. He pushed the team to overcome a devastating 1 point loss the year before to Cardinal Gibbons in the State Championship. Barish overall had the most success this season and is named MVP.

Women’s Fall Sports MVP. Sydney Dowler. We picked Sydney as the female most likely to win the fall sports MVP due to her great accolades, and even better personal skill. Dowler is a back to back State Champion in volleyball where she was a key contributor to the team in both years. Dowler also was the MVP of the State Championship game two years in a row.

• Green Hope Fall Sports Awards Predictions

Western Cary Goes to Portland

FOOTBALL

End of an Era

Western Cary Track Club featuring members of GHXC- Portland Bound

FOOTBALL

Falcon Football Flies by the Pride

Men's Soccer

Class of 2018 Commit: Camden Holbrook