Club Feature: Brown Bag of Hope

Erin McIndoe, Staff Writer

Brown Bag of Hope is a new club at our school this year with the mission to provide meals for those in need.  The club was started by junior Maddy Clarke who was inspired to start the club after volunteering at the Brown Bag Ministry in NC- a volunteer organization that packs food for those in need. Maddy Clarke says, “Brown Bag has showed me that no matter what challenges we face we can always make a difference in our communities some way, somehow.”  The club will carry out its mission by volunteering and bettering the community by packaging meals, seasonal service projects, and participate in clothing drives. This club wants to provide Green Hope with service opportunities to help others and bring joy to those who may not have the same luxuries as us, such as always having food on the table.

You can join Maddy in room 2210 on the first and third Monday of every month to learn more about this great opportunity to serve others.  

Erin McIndoe, Staff Writer
Erin is a junior. She is on the volleyball team and is a member of student council. She enjoys travelling and spending time with family and friends.  Her two greatest skills are her ability to touch her tongue to her nose and spin a basketball on her finger.