Announcements: 11/21

Green Hope Gives Thanks. What are you thankful for?

Julia Agius

Julia Agius

ATTENTION All students who plan to ride a bus home in the afternoon today (Tuesday, Nov. 21)

Go outside to the bus lot IMMEDIATELY at the end of the school day. Depending on bus capacities, we are going to try to get all students on the first set of buses. In other words, if we can fit routes that are traditionally double-back buses on first-run buses, we will do that–which means that there may NOT be double-back buses today.

Daily Dad Joke

Q: Why did the band hire a turkey as a drummer?

A: Because he had the drumsticks.

Fill out this survey about your favorite holiday!!

https://goo.gl/forms/dnIHxL90tyEJfXha2

2017-2018 Club List

Media Center: Tell us what you think! Take the GHHS Library Student Survey and help us improve the Media Center. https://goo.gl/forms/mAJem97cd6cDXzmD2

Career Conversation: The North Carolina Triangle Apprenticeship Program (NCTAP) will visit on Monday, 11/20 during Lunch A in room 318 for a Career Conversation to talk with students about the fantastic opportunities they offer to for an apprenticeship in one of several local advanced manufacturing companies. The participating companies offer apprenticeships and free college degrees! Juniors and seniors may apply, but all students can attend to learn more. Check out the NCTAP website for more information including dates for open house visits by parents and students: www.nctap.org. Students earn tutorial credit by attending and signing in.

Career Conversations: Students interested in Computer Game Development should attend a Career Conversation with the John O’Neill of Spark Plug Games who will share interesting information about this growing area of system development on Thursday, November 30, 2017, during A lunch in the Auditorium. Students earn tutorial credit by attending and signing in.

The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society: Do you want to make a significant impact in the blood cancer world? Do you want to gain an inspiring experience that you would remember for the rest of your life? Do you want to be recognized as a leader and a hero in your community? You can have the opportunity to experience and participate in such a program like I have. I, Pauline Etchi, 2017 Triangle Student of the Year Nominee and Community Involvement Winner, encourage you to compete with other students all over North Carolina to gain the title of Student of the Year, make a great positive imprint in blood cancer research, and continue the Green Hope High legacy after me in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! For more information (with direct contact), email me at pauline.etchi@gmail.com! Thank you!

Clubs @ Green Hope

All Clubs: The list of existing clubs and advisors here at GHHS is up and active.

History and Geography Club: History and Geography Club meets every Friday BOTH HALVES of Lunch in Mod 2-1. Our website is: http://ghhshistorygeography.weebly.com If you have any questions, contact: Rohan Rajesh rrajesh@students.wcpss.net Kevin Liu kxliu@students.wcpss.net

GHHS Microsoft Office Specialist Club: Hi all! GHHS MOS Club meets every other Friday second half of lunch in room 2322 to certify (test taken to recognize oneself as a pro in an application), to compete in worldwide well-known competition where winners can potentially win $10,000, and to share tips and tricks about Microsoft applications 🙂 There are many benefits that come with this club. This club provides practice for the competition on every Wednesdays and Fridays both halves of lunch in room 2322. Feel free to drop by anytime to know more or join the club! No prior knowledge is required 🙂 Contact us at ghhsmos@gmail.com if you have any questions or concerns. Hope to see you all there!!

Speech and Debate Club: Speech and Debate Club meetings on Tuesdays every week, second half of lunch, RM 3306 http://www.ghhsspeechandebate.weebly.com/

Green Hope Food Ark: Missed the interest meeting? Fill out this form if you are interested in joining our efforts to end food insecurity! https://goo.gl/forms/NETCSWZfkaPV5faP2

Stock Brokers Club: Do you want to learn how to trade? Interested in a career on Wall Street? Come to the Stock Brokers Club to learn how to properly invest and make a profit. We meet every Friday first half of lunch in room Mr. Bauld’s Room (2306). No prior knowledge is required. For more information contact 919-434-5585 or msfarrington@students.wcpss.net

GH DREAM: The GH DREAM club seeks to help refugees who come to our community by gathering donations and raising awareness about their issues. Join us on Tuesdays during the first half of lunch in Mrs. Yamauchi’s classroom–Mod 4, Rm 6.

Green Hope Girls Ultimate Frisbee: Interested in learning or playing the sport of Ultimate? The Green Hope Girls’ team, sanctioned by Triangle/USA Ultimate, meets 3x a week, with fall/spring tournaments and a spring league as well. All (including beginners) are welcome! Joining our team is a fun form of exercise and a great way to make friends and meet a whole new community of people. For more information, please email soniarao2001@gmail.com.

Environmental Club: Come to Environmental Club meetings every Thursday from 2:30-3:15 in room 316! Everyone can attend. You can receive APES hours for attending meetings.

The History and Geography Club meets every Friday, Mod 2-1, B Lunch

Upperclassman Information

Tutoring Club: Anyone who wants to be tutored or be a tutor can sign up at https://sites.google.com/site/ghtutoringclub/

School Counselor: Attention seniors: The scholarship newsletter is now posted on the Student Services webpage under “Resources”. The newsletter will be updated with new scholarships on a regular basis. Please be sure to stay updated and remember to submit scholarships by the posted deadline.

ATTN: Juniors and Seniors
In order to attend a college visit, students MUST sign up in Student Services and get a pass by 7:25 am for morning visits and by 11:18 for afternoon visits.  These meetings are for Students Only.

11/21:

Autumn Martinez

Erik Geidel

Joshua Harris

Grace Lux

Erin McIndoe

Benton Satterfield

Kate Butler

Preston Spreher

Madison Page

Zachary Carter

Caroline Herrera

Jaimini Kharwa

Yutong Liu

Michael Flynn

Margo Hinnant

Jonathan Kurian

Ruite Liu

11/22:

Simone Georgy Sam

Alyssa Collins

Jacqueline Toombs

Kamlesh Ray

Elizabeth Baugh

Jordan Beynon

Sydney Loo

Sofia Martinez

11/23:

Roslyn Reynoso

Alexa Kostopoulos

Andrew Kostopoulos

Wajid Shah

Krishna Vineet

11/24:

Kaylee Higginbotham

Savannah Kurak

K’brie Scotland

Anika Archunde

Hannah Brose

Megan Cvetich

11/25:

Athena Megaloudis

Lauren Wall

Mark Feng

11/26:

Peyton Barish

Lauren Hayes

Bruna Andrade

Naiya Banks

Chase Neish

Natasha Abramowicz

Joshua McIntyre

Lucas McIntyre

Shelby McIntyre

Lauren Nolet

Faith Chiyaka

• Announcements: 11/21

DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 12/15

• Announcements: 11/21

DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 12/14

• Announcements: 11/21

DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 12/13

• DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 11/12

• DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 12/11

Announcements: 11/21