Falcons Playoff Preview: Leesville Road

Willie Taylor hopes to lead the Falcons to a home playoff win in the second round.

GH Athletics

GH Athletics

Brandon Morton, Sports Writer

After one of Green Hope’s best regular seasons of all time, they are now hosting the second round of the NCHSAA 4A State Playoffs this Friday against Leesville Road. This is a rematch from an earlier game this season where the Falcons edged the Pride in a close game at Leesville winning 28-21. The big difference this week will be that Green Hope will have the home field, this means the Falcon Nest will have to have one of its biggest showings of the season.

The team has been undefeated in conference play this year cruising to the Tri-6 Conference Title. They are the #2 seed in the tournament and had a bye last week, hopefully they will be well rested for a Pride team hoping for an upset. In the last game, quarterback Willie Taylor was 14 of 24 passing for 203 yards and 1 touchdown. Senior Jordyn Adams had 7 receptions for 134 yards and 1 touchdown. On the defensive end, senior captain Monte Williams had 2 interceptions.

Green Hope is hoping to go on a deep run in the playoffs this year with a team stocked with many seniors and returning varsity players. The game is at 7:30 at Green Hope on Friday and the theme is a Jersey Out. Come out and help the Falcons make a deep playoff run!

Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Brandon Morton is a senior at GHHS, working as part of The GH Falcon for his second year now. Seeing that he took it last year and found the class fun, he’s come to take it again. This year he’s looking forward to being the chicken mini mile champion for the second time. “I don’t think anyone in this class can compete this year and I think it’s an easy year. I’ve been working on my quick eating skills.” Outside of school, he runs Varsity XC and Indoor/Outdoor track. His favorite subject is math- he’s a big fan of calculus. His favorite animal is his dog Millie, whom he calls a “goober.” The Fourth of July is his favorite holiday where he gets to spend the day out and really show how patriotic he is. His favorite place in the world is Camp Cheerio, where he spent the summer. His dad inspires him the most, “he works really hard and tries to do the best for my family.”