Falcons Playoff Preview: Leesville Road

Willie Taylor hopes to lead the Falcons to a home playoff win in the second round.

GH Athletics

GH Athletics

Brandon Morton, Sports Writer

After one of Green Hope’s best regular seasons of all time, they are now hosting the second round of the NCHSAA 4A State Playoffs this Friday against Leesville Road. This is a rematch from an earlier game this season where the Falcons edged the Pride in a close game at Leesville winning 28-21. The big difference this week will be that Green Hope will have the home field, this means the Falcon Nest will have to have one of its biggest showings of the season.

The team has been undefeated in conference play this year cruising to the Tri-6 Conference Title. They are the #2 seed in the tournament and had a bye last week, hopefully they will be well rested for a Pride team hoping for an upset. In the last game, quarterback Willie Taylor was 14 of 24 passing for 203 yards and 1 touchdown. Senior Jordyn Adams had 7 receptions for 134 yards and 1 touchdown. On the defensive end, senior captain Monte Williams had 2 interceptions.

Green Hope is hoping to go on a deep run in the playoffs this year with a team stocked with many seniors and returning varsity players. The game is at 7:30 at Green Hope on Friday and the theme is a Jersey Out. Come out and help the Falcons make a deep playoff run!

Brandon Morton, Staff Writer
Brandon Morton is a first time writer this year for Falcon News Feed. He believes that he is a semi-professional water polo player. His favorite hobby outside of sports is to take long walks on the beach with his dog in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Brandon’s favorite dish is grilled ham and cheese...