Announcements 11/9

Honoring our veterans

FNF Staff

Honoring our veterans

Daily Dad Joke:

Q: What do you call a dinousoaur with a tattoo?

A: Ext-inked!

Fill out this survey about your favorite holiday!!

https://goo.gl/forms/dnIHxL90tyEJfXha2

2017-2018 Club List

Media Center: Tell us what you think! Take the GHHS Library Student Survey and help us improve the Media Center. https://goo.gl/forms/mAJem97cd6cDXzmD2

Spanish Club is celebrating Day of the Dead by making sugar skulls on this upcoming Tuesday, November 7th. Come to Mod 1 Room 6 if you are interested. Any decorative icings brought would be appreciated.

Lunch with a stranger: Lunch With a Stranger will be on Wednesday, November 15th during lunch in the JUNIOR LOCKER BAY (300s). Lunch With a Stranger is a fun way to get to know more of your peers through a “speed-eating” process! Anyone is welcome to come to this event, however the junior locker bay is RESERVED for this event.

PreACT TEST: The Pre ACT test will be administered on Wednesday, November 8th to ALL current 10th-grade students.

BEFORE THE TEST Create an ACT profile to access resources and your scores. http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/act-profile.html Students may choose to visit: http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/preact.html for more information about the Pre ACT. ON TEST DAY Students need to bring: – Two #2 pencils with soft erasers (NOT mechanical pencils). NO HIGHLIGHTERS. – An acceptable calculator (see ACT requirements: https://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/taking-the-test/calculator-policy.html)

ON TEST DAY Students need to bring: – Two #2 pencils with soft erasers (NOT mechanical pencils). NO HIGHLIGHTERS. – An acceptable calculator (see ACT requirements: https://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/taking-the-test/calculator-policy.html)

Chorus Department: Congratulations to five Green Hope Chorus students who have been selected to participate in the NC High School Honors Chorus! These students will participate in the NC Honors Chorus Clinic in Winston-Salem Nov. 11-12 and will perform for the NC Music Educator’s Conference. Congratulations to: Michael Dismuke, Rae Fredette, Luna Hou, Cathy Kramer, and Alex Payton!

Career Conversations: 

Career Conversation: On Thursday, 11/09- Duke University Health System representatives will visit for a Career Conversation to discuss careers in a clinical laboratory setting – during Lunch A in the Auditorium. Please encourage students with an interest in Biology, Chemistry, and science in general to attend. Students earn tutorial credit by attending and signing in.

Career Conversation: The North Carolina Triangle Apprenticeship Program (NCTAP) will visit on Monday, 11/20 during Lunch A in room 318 for a Career Conversation to talk with students about the fantastic opportunities they offer to for an apprenticeship in one of several local advanced manufacturing companies. The participating companies offer apprenticeships and free college degrees! Juniors and seniors may apply, but all students can attend to learn more. Check out the NCTAP website for more information including dates for open house visits by parents and students: www.nctap.org. Students earn tutorial credit by attending and signing in.

Career Conversations: Students interested in Computer Game Development should attend a Career Conversation with the John O’Neill of Spark Plug Games who will share interesting information about this growing area of system development on Thursday, November 30, 2017, during A lunch in the Auditorium. Students earn tutorial credit by attending and signing in.

The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society: Do you want to make a significant impact in the blood cancer world? Do you want to gain an inspiring experience that you would remember for the rest of your life? Do you want to be recognized as a leader and a hero in your community? You can have the opportunity to experience and participate in such a program like I have. I, Pauline Etchi, 2017 Triangle Student of the Year Nominee and Community Involvement Winner, encourage you to compete with other students all over North Carolina to gain the title of Student of the Year, make a great positive imprint in blood cancer research, and continue the Green Hope High legacy after me in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! For more information (with direct contact), email me at pauline.etchi@gmail.com! Thank you!

Clubs @ Green Hope

All Clubs: The list of existing clubs and advisors here at GHHS is up and active.

GHHS Microsoft Office Specialist Club: Hi all! GHHS MOS Club meets every other Friday second half of lunch in room 2322 to certify (test taken to recognize oneself as a pro in an application), to compete in worldwide well-known competition where winners can potentially win $10,000, and to share tips and tricks about Microsoft applications 🙂 There are many benefits that come with this club. This club provides practice for the competition on every Wednesdays and Fridays both halves of lunch in room 2322. Feel free to drop by anytime to know more or join the club! No prior knowledge is required 🙂 Contact us at ghhsmos@gmail.com if you have any questions or concerns. Hope to see you all there!!

Sports Discussion Zone: Interest meeting Friday November 17 2017 in Mrs Pyland’s room mod 4 room 3

Latin Scansion Club: Green Hope’s brand new Latin Scansion Club will have its first meeting in mod 1 rm 8 on Tuesday, November 7 during the second half of lunch. Come to learn more about scansion in Latin Poetry. Hope to see you there!

Green Hope Robotics: Donate old or Green Hope Robotics is running a computer drive from November 6th to November 17th! We will be collecting electronic parts that are not being used anymore. We accept any computer electronic parts including but not limited to keyboards, laptops, computers, monitors, and mouse, yet we will not be collecting CRT. Drop off those parts at the front office in the morning! The collected donations will be donated back to be remade for the community.

Speech and Debate Club: Speech and Debate Club meetings on Tuesdays every week, second half of lunch, RM 3306 http://www.ghhsspeechandebate.weebly.com/

Green Hope Food Ark: Missed the interest meeting? Fill out this form if you are interested in joining our efforts to end food insecurity! https://goo.gl/forms/NETCSWZfkaPV5faP2

Stock Brokers Club: Do you want to learn how to trade? Interested in a career on Wall Street? Come to the Stock Brokers Club to learn how to properly invest and make a profit. We meet every Friday first half of lunch in room Mr. Bauld’s Room (2306). No prior knowledge is required. For more information contact 919-434-5585 or msfarrington@students.wcpss.net

GH DREAM: The GH DREAM club seeks to help refugees who come to our community by gathering donations and raising awareness about their issues. Join us on Tuesdays during the first half of lunch in Mrs. Yamauchi’s classroom–Mod 4, Rm 6.

Green Hope Girls Ultimate Frisbee: Interested in learning or playing the sport of Ultimate? The Green Hope Girls’ team, sanctioned by Triangle/USA Ultimate, meets 3x a week, with fall/spring tournaments and a spring league as well. All (including beginners) are welcome! Joining our team is a fun form of exercise and a great way to make friends and meet a whole new community of people. For more information, please email soniarao2001@gmail.com.

Environmental Club: Come to Environmental Club meetings every Thursday from 2:30-3:15 in room 316! Everyone can attend. You can receive APES hours for attending meetings.

News Satire: The News Satire club will have two interest meetings in Mod 3 Room 2 on the 3rd and 17th of November during the first half of lunch. Feel free to bring some unfunny jokes and dry humor. Aside from the jokes, we also appreciate fact-checkers, people who do thorough research, and video editors.

The History and Geography Club meets every Friday, Mod 2-1, B Lunch

Upperclassman Information

Tutoring Club: Anyone who wants to be tutored or be a tutor can sign up at https://sites.google.com/site/ghtutoringclub/

School Counselor: Attention seniors: The scholarship newsletter is now posted on the Student Services webpage under “Resources”. The newsletter will be updated with new scholarships on a regular basis. Please be sure to stay updated and remember to submit scholarships by the posted deadline.

Student Services – College Visits: Tues. Nov. 7th – Univ. of Alabama Huntsville, 1 pm,

Wed. Nov. 8th – Virginia Commonwealth Univ. 8 am

FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising) 1 pm

ATTN: Juniors and Seniors
In order to attend a college visit, students MUST sign up in Student Services and get a pass by 7:25 am for morning visits and by 11:18 for afternoon visits.  These meetings are for Students Only.

Falcon News Feed Wishes These People a Happy Birthday!

Alexander Cicmanec

Vamsi Kanduri

Sarah Nagy

Christopher Saacks

Brianna Thompson

Lauren Tibbetts

Matthew Wittenborn

We Would Also Like to Wish These People a Happy Birthday This Weekend!

Kohl Abrams

Hope Boland

Shriyadita Dhakal

Lindsey Eastwood

Cole Furrie

Divjot Gill

Simran Hegde

Gavin McGarvey

Diana Nikolova

Ariana Prince

Vishal Shah

Ian Sullivan

Shreya Vegesana

Dhananjay Velu

Markisha Atkins

Jack Frazier

Ridhima Ginkala

Laurenz Gonzales

Mansha Palliyath

Yitong Quan

Tyler Rewkowski

Neha Galla

Leah Jenkins

Alexandra Karvelas

Karie Muchane

Alshiyah Person

Vivek Ramesh

Manav Ray

Image result for happybirthday monkey gif

• Announcements 11/9

DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements: 11/21

• Announcements 11/9

DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 11/20

• Announcements 11/9

DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 11/17

• Announcements 11/9

DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 11/16

• Announcements 11/9

DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 11/15

Announcements 11/9