Annual Mistletoe Market returns November 18th

Angelica Edwards, Student Life Section Editor

The Green Hope Mistletoe Market is an annual craft fair that features local vendors and Green Hope visual and performing arts.  This year, the market will include performances from the Green Hope High orchestra, band chamber ensembles, as well as Drama students en-action of Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol. Green Hope Elementary students will join the event by singing for attendees.

In addition to entertainment, the market will feature a variety of local vendors including those who sell handcrafted soaps, lotions, vintage clothing, jewelry, crocheted items, artwork, photography, handmade baskets, wreaths, and various other handcrafted items. Attendees won’t have to worry about being hungry as food vendors will be readily available as well.

Proceeds from the market will benefit the Visual Arts Scholarship which annually goes to a senior who will enter the visual arts field in college. Over the past three years, $6,000 has been raised for the scholarship, which helped benefit previous recipients Felix Chang, Julie Hwang, and Hannah Shipley.

Piece by Julia Parks. She will be commissioning art work at the mistletoe market.

The market will provide visual arts students with the opportunity to showcase their work as well. Julia Parks will be featuring an interactive piece in which strands of string are used to represent audience member emotions. For example, if a purple string is under a label “love” an audience member can pull that piece of string a certain length to represent how much they love someone or something, and apply that piece of string to the piece itself. She will also be commissioning artwork for those interested in purchasing her work.

Interactive piece Julia Parks will recreate at the mistletoe market.

Julian Fernandez will be selling festive Christmas cards at the event and says, “I’m looking forward to expanding as a business opportunity because in the art would you need to have social skills to sell your art.”

This is one of the several Christmas cards Julian Fernandez will be selling at the mistletoe market.

Lauren Boulia is looking forward to selling bracelets at the event as well.

Bracelet in the making by Lauren Boulia. She will be selling several of these at the markets.

Green Hope art teacher Ms. Prichard encourages the student body and family members to attend the market. “This is a great time to buy holiday gifts for that special someone in your life because the items are unique and handmade.The FAB Mistletoe Market is a wonderful time to highlight the talents of our local community, the skills of our GH visual arts students, and the GH performing artists in one venue. Don’t miss the fun, come on out and join us!”

The Mistletoe Market is set for November 18th, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the commons area of Green Hope High.

• Annual Mistletoe Market returns November 18th

ARE YOU READY TO DELVE INTO THE DUNGEON?

Top Google Searches of 2017

Fashion

Fashion Friday: Ms. Bradshaw

Fashion

Fashion Friday: Justin Ho

Real or Fake Trees