Too Cold Too Soon, Kinda

It is starting to get cold

It is starting to get cold

Lily Redick

Lily Redick

It is starting to get cold

Erin McIndoe, Staff Writer

Fall is finally here and it seems as though it took forever to come back.  Around this time of the year is when jeans, flannel, and bean boots come back into style along with pumpkin spice everything and of course, Halloween. What many of us tend to forget about living in North Carolina is that it will become cold at some point.  North Carolina is known for having brisk days in October where the high is just a mere 82 degrees in the afternoon, this weather sounds a bit warm for typical fall weather, but that’s just North Carolina. Eventually, we will reach weather that dips below 50 degrees, so here are some easy ways to fight off the cold.

1. Start to break out those winter clothes. Open up that box of sweaters and out of date but comfortable Ugg boots to bundle you up. Bean boots and fuzzy socks are always a good option in the cold.
  2. Stop and drop everything and make sure you have some hot chocolate at your house.  Nothing warms you up like a warm cup of hot chocolate at any time of day.  Make sure you have marshmallows and whip cream to top it all off.
  3. Start up some bonfires with friends.  Gather around your friends and family in blankets with s’mores ready to go.  A good bonfire is a good way to spend time in the nice crisp weather without being too cold.
  4. If you are too lazy to bring a jacket to school, bring a blanket.  Bringing a blanket lets you snuggle up during class and warm up your entire body.
  5. Make sure your car has a good heating system and start your car and turn on the heat before you actually need to leave (assuming it’s safe to do so).  Let your car run for it to warm up, so when it is time to leave for school, or anywhere else, your car is nice and toasty the whole way there.  

Take these tips and get ready for the cold that could never come, but it is always better to be safe than sorry.  So bundle up for our “fall” and “winter” because it could be snowing and 75 degrees in the same day.

About the Contributors
Erin McIndoe, Managing Editor
This year in the Falcon News Feed Erin McIndoe, the senior class president here at Green Hope High School, is looking forward to getting involved in the school and to continue to write interesting articles. She has one older sister, plays volleyball, and her favorite holiday is Christmas because of the happy feeling. After high...
Lily Redick, Staff Writer
Lily, a senior on the track team, is in her first semester with the Falcon News Feed. She enjoys watching sports, listening to music, and eating, but her favorite thing to do is go to the beach.