Happiness Around the World

Happiness.
Happiness.

Happiness.

By-Camdiluv-from-Concepción-CHILE-Colours-CC-BY-SA-2.0-http___creativecommons.org_licenses_by-sa_2.0-via-Wikimedia-Commons.jpg

Happiness.

Antonia Meneses Gomez, Staff Writer

Not many people think about the levels of happiness around the world, or why some countries are happier than others. Some may think the combination of economic balance, demand of jobs, and a good government make up a happy country. However, they are wrong. Gallup, a company that delivers analytics and advice to help organizations and leaders solve problems, looked at the percentages of happiness around the world. The results: The top ten countries on the happiness scale are in Latin America.  For some, the results were surprising. Latin American countries are mostly known for corruption, an unbalanced economy, and a bad government. What some don’t know is that Latinos don’t need materialistic things to be happy, they need family and love. They usually have their family and community at the top of their priority list. They share food, shelter, and offer anything even if they don’t have much for themselves. The top ten happiest countries in the whole world are all in Latin America.

Latinos work to live rather than live to work. 77% of Latinos everywhere are Catholics, so they are very thankful to God for what they have, including their jobs. Religion and their beliefs keep them going, it’s their motivation.  Health is also very important. The government provides basic, free healthcare.  The latin culture is a culture of positive outlook. They don’t want to miss important things in life, but the motto is “You only live once.”  Take risks while you can, while you are young, while you are old, while you have the resources.

Something else that keeps Latinos enjoying life, with positive thoughts every day is Spanish music.  The upbeat music keeps Latinos happy and content during the day. Not to mention, the food is extraordinary and yummy. Family and friend meetings consists of food, music, and having a good time with your loved ones. Even if they don’t have much, they always have enough food and love to give.

Photo Credits: www.gallup.com

• Happiness Around the World

UNC No Academic Violations

• Happiness Around the World

Oil Rig Explodes in Louisiana

• Happiness Around the World

Diwali Festival Celebrates Light

• Happiness Around the World

Somalia Disaster

• Happiness Around the World

New Google Products 2017

Happiness Around the World