Announcements 10/12

Daily Dad Joke:  

Q: How do vampires get around on Halloween?

A: On blood vessels.

Spirit Week 10/9- 10/13

Monday: Jersey Day

Tuesday: Twin Day

Wednesday: Pj Day

Thursday: Theme Day with grade (Seniors-July 4th, Juniors- Halloween, Sophomores- St. Patricks day, Freshmen- Valentines Day)

Friday: Falcon Friday

Chorus Department: Congratulations to five Green Hope Chorus students who have been selected to participate in the NC High School Honors Chorus! These students will participate in the NC Honors Chorus Clinic in Winston-Salem Nov. 11-12 and will perform for the NC Music Educator’s Conference. Congratulations to: Michael Dismuke, Rae Fredette, Luna Hou, Cathy Kramer, and Alex Payton!

The ASVAB test (military entrance exam) will be given at GHHS on 10/18/17. This free test is like a SAT test but is used in the application process to join the Military. 10th – 12th graders may take the test. Taking the test does not obligate you to join the military. Sign up in Student Services from 09/11/17 to 10/06/17

Here comes the bus: WCPSS Transportation has recently launched a new initiative in which bus rider families will now able to use a free bus tracking system called Here Comes the Bus that allows students and parents to see where their assigned bus is and how close it is to their assigned stop. Traditional calendar students in high school will gain access to this app beginning on Monday, October 2.

Career Conversations: Tuesday 10/17: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Auditorium – A lunch All students are invited to attend a lunchtime Career Conversation with CPA, Christopher Meredith of KPMG, who will visit to speak on a career in Accounting. Thursday 10/26: Architect – Auditorium – A lunch All students are invited to attend a lunchtime Career Conversation with Architect, Will Stewart of Little Diversified Architectural Consulting to learn more about a career as an architect. BTW – Will Stewart is Ms. Barone’s son, so she would love to see a big turn out!

The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society: Do you want to make a significant impact in the blood cancer world? Do you want to gain an inspiring experience that you would remember for the rest of your life? Do you want to be recognized as a leader and a hero in your community? You can have the opportunity to experience and participate in such a program like I have. I, Pauline Etchi, 2017 Triangle Student of the Year Nominee and Community Involvement Winner, encourage you to compete with other students all over North Carolina to gain the title of Student of the Year, make a great positive imprint in blood cancer research, and continue the Green Hope High legacy after me in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! For more information (with direct contact), email me at pauline.etchi@gmail.com! Thank you!

ACE Mentor Program: Students who are interested in a career in Architecture, Construction Management or Engineering may want to consider signing up for the ACE Mentor Program (ACE). ACE is an after-school program for high school students who want to learn more about careers in architecture, construction management, and engineering. It is comprised of design and construction professionals who team together and mentor groups of 10-20 students during the school year. Team meetings take place after school for two hours (usually 4:00-6:00 PM). Participants must arrange their own transportation. The program typically meets 15 times between September and March and enrollment is free – there is no cost to students to participate. 9th – 12th graders are welcome to learn more and apply at http://www.acerdu.org/enroll/. The deadline to apply is 10/06/17.

Clubs @ Green Hope

All Clubs: The list of existing clubs and advisors here at GHHS is up and active.

Speech and Debate Club: Speech and Debate Club meetings on Tuesdays every week, second half of lunch, RM 3306 http://www.ghhsspeechandebate.weebly.com/

Save A Life Club: There will be a meeting for Save a Life Club if anyone is interested to join on October 2nd, the second half of lunch and another meeting on October 16th first half of lunch. Please come and join Save a Life Club.

Jovenes Para Ayudar: First club meeting in Mod 4 Rm.1 during the first half of lunch! Anyone is encouraged and welcome to attend.

Habitat for Humanity: The Habitat for Humanity club is having an interest meeting this Tuesday in Mod 4 Room 4 during the 1st half of lunch. Come if you are interested.

Green Hope Food Ark: Missed the interest meeting? Fill out this form if you are interested in joining our efforts to end food insecurity! https://goo.gl/forms/NETCSWZfkaPV5faP2

Stock Brokers Club: Do you want to learn how to trade? Interested in a career on Wall Street? Come to the Stock Brokers Club to learn how to properly invest and make a profit. We meet every Friday first half of lunch in room Mr. Bauld’s Room (2306). No prior knowledge is required. For more information contact 919-434-5585 or msfarrington@students.wcpss.net

GH DREAM: The GH DREAM club seeks to help refugees who come to our community by gathering donations and raising awareness about their issues. Join us on Tuesdays during the first half of lunch in Mrs. Yamauchi’s classroom–Mod 4, Rm 6.

Green Hope Girls Ultimate Frisbee: Interested in learning or playing the sport of Ultimate? The Green Hope Girls’ team, sanctioned by Triangle/USA Ultimate, meets 3x a week, with fall/spring tournaments and a spring league as well. All (including beginners) are welcome! Joining our team is a fun form of exercise and a great way to make friends and meet a whole new community of people. For more information, please email soniarao2001@gmail.com.

Sign Language Club: The first meeting of Sign Language Club will take place today during the 1st half of lunch in room 2318.

National Technical Honor Society: Applications are now open until September 22nd for National Technical Honor Society for all JUNIORS and SENIORS! -Must have 3.5 Unweighted GPA and have taken 3 CTE classes -All directions and requirements to apply are located on the application website! tinyurl.com/nthsapp2017 -See Mrs. Barone (2303) if you have any questions!

Environmental Club: Come to Environmental Club meetings every Thursday from 2:30-3:15 in room 316! Everyone can attend. You can receive APES hours for attending meetings.

Upperclassman Information

NCSU Goodnight STEM Scholarship: To apply for this scholarship students must complete their NCSU application by the early application deadline of 10/15/17.

Tutoring Club: Anyone who wants to be tutored or be a tutor can sign up at https://sites.google.com/site/ghtutoringclub/

Senior Portraits:  If you were not present for senior portraits in July, Strawbridge Studios will offer some “Studio” hours for students who wish to have portraits made on the various backgrounds.  Customer Service (866) 624-6229 will be handling all of those appointments.  Make-ups for basic cap/gown will be at the school, date TBD.

School Counselor: Attention seniors: The scholarship newsletter is now posted on the Student Services webpage under “Resources”. The newsletter will be updated with new scholarships on a regular basis. Please be sure to stay updated and remember to submit scholarships by the posted deadline.

Student Services – College Visits: NC State University has rescheduled their visit from 9/22 to 11/1.

ATTN: Juniors and Seniors
In order to attend a college visit, students MUST sign up in Student Services and get a pass by 7:25 am for morning visits and by 11:18 for afternoon visits.  These meetings are for Students Only.

Falcon News Feed Wishes These People a Happy Birthday!

Brooks Almond

William Ammerman

Michael Angeli

Andrea Concepcion Donate

Melquan Irvin

Rumaysaa Jones

Benjamin Lannak

John Larkin

Victoria Magno

Emily Prebeck

Naveen Vridhachalam

Image result for celebration gif

• Announcements 10/12

DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 10/19

• Announcements 10/12

DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 10/18: Happy Diwali

• Announcements 10/12

DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 10/17

• Announcements 10/12

DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 10/16

• Announcements 10/12

DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcement 10/13

Announcements 10/12