PSAT Readiness Tips

Erin McIndoe, Staff Writer

The PSAT provides opportunities for merit scholarships and memes.

The PSAT is a nationwide test that students ranging from the 8th to 11th grade are eligible to take. It is designed to prepare students for the SAT, which they will take their sophomore, junior, or senior year in high school. Standardized tests cause dread among students, but they don’t have to. Here are some ways to help kill that nervousness, and do your best.  Junior Jordan Barish says, “The “P” stands for practice so don’t freak out about it, and don’t be discouraged if you do not ace it.” 

This is your time to see where you stand, so here are ways to put your best foot forward.

Sleep

First things first get a good night’s sleep the night before.  The last thing that you want is to fall asleep during the exam or be so tired that you are not able to focus on the math problem or reading passage at hand. Getting a quality nights sleep allows you to have energy to be successful on the exam.

Eat

The next key to acing your PSAT is to eat a good breakfast that morning.  Your breakfast gives you energy for your exam.  When you are not focused on how hungry you are, you can put your full attention on taking the test and doing your best.  

Bubble

The last tip for being successful on the PSAT is to not leave any of the bubbles blank, as it does not count against your score to have wrong answers, so it is in your best interest to answer every single question, even if it is a guess. Guessing on questions you are unsure of is the best way to have a chance to get one of them right. Along with this idea, you can choose a letter of the day to pick for every question you do not know.  This will keep your guesses consistent and you will have better chance to get them right.  

Take this advice and do your absolute best on that exam, and have even more fun laughing at all the tweets after.

• PSAT Readiness Tips

ARE YOU READY TO DELVE INTO THE DUNGEON?

• PSAT Readiness Tips

Top Google Searches of 2017

• PSAT Readiness Tips

Fashion

Fashion Friday: Ms. Bradshaw

• PSAT Readiness Tips

Fashion

Fashion Friday: Justin Ho

• PSAT Readiness Tips

Real or Fake Trees

PSAT Readiness Tips