Falling for Fall

Shea Kofkin-Hansen, Staff Writer

I step out of the car and immediately feel the cool breeze hit my cheeks. I hear the rustle of the fall trees as I walk up to my house, and look to see them planted up and down the street in an array of colors ranging from green, all the way up to the deepest cherry-like red against the gray skies .  Fall is definitely the happiest, most comfortable season.  There are so many things to love about Autumn and the months from September to November.

Firstly, have you ever tried pumpkin spice?  Yeah, I might sound super basic when I say that but I’m being totally serious.  Before I moved to America from Australia, pumpkin was only used as a savory vegetable on the dinner table.  I never knew the endless possibilities there were to using pumpkin as a seasoning in dishes until now.  And let me tell you, it is ah-maz-ing!  Fall is when everything sweet and pumpkin-y comes out from frappuccinos to pie.  A season full of eating before the christmas season of eating, what could be better?

Sweaters, fuzzy blankets, and fireplaces.  When it’s cool outside, there’s nothing better than to come inside after a long, chilly day at school and just sit by the fireplace doing homework or watching tv. A lot of tweets these past couple of weeks have been saying how comfortable it is sleeping in a cold room with a lot of blankets.  The good thing about fall is even without the a/c on, in the morning my room is always the perfect temperature where I can stack as many blankets on top of me.

Halloween Movies are as good as Christmas movies. On a lazy Sunday afternoon, putting on some Disney throwbacks really helps to get the excitement going for the upcoming season.  I recommend ‘Girl Meets Monster’, or ‘Hotel Transylvania 2’.

The colder weather has definitely been getting me excited for fall, and all the celebrations and activities to come with it.  I hope I was able to hype everyone else up about the season of pumpkin pie, and crunchy leaves!!!