Falcons Cross Country Crushes Records

Jody Barish

Jody Barish

Brandon Morton, Sports Writer

Saturday morning, Green Hope cross country senior Peyton Barish made school history. The senior ran a time of 15:18 breaking his own school record, which helped him finish 9th in the Race of Champions at the Great American XC Festival. Barish did not only have a great day, but the whole team did. Overall, the team finished second, only 25 points back from #1 ranked Loudoun Valley.

The order in which the top seven finished was, Peyton Barish (15:18, Ninth Place), Ian Delgado (15:51, 28th place), Finn McBride (15:51, 29th Place), Ares Epps (16:00, 40th place), Ryan Kemper (16:02, 44th place), Reed Blackman (16:22, 77th place), and Daniel Vo (16:24, 79th place). This was the greatest performance from a school from North Carolina in the history of the Great American XC Festival.

Dan Loughlin

Barish, who had hyped up this day for weeks, lived up to the hype on this legendary day. The senior tweeted on September 18th, “October 7th boutta be the fastest day in XC history.” Barish said, “People saw my tweet and were sort of mad because as a team we had not proved ourselves yet until Saturday, but before the race I knew that my fitness was there to run a fast time.” When asked about how he called this performance from weeks ago, he stated, “We did a 6 mile progression run and I finished the last 3 miles in 15:10, so I knew I had the capability to run fast at Great American.”

The team travels to Manhattan this weekend for the Manhattan High School Invitational, where the nation’s top teams will be running. The boys are hoping to take home the win after their strong performance this weekend. Barish will be running 100% in Manhattan and is hoping to possibly break another Green Hope record.

Go out and congratulate the cross country team after an all-around great weekend!

• Falcons Cross Country Crushes Records

Western Cary Goes to Portland

• Falcons Cross Country Crushes Records

Western Cary Track Club featuring members of GHXC- Portland Bound

• Falcons Cross Country Crushes Records

Falcons Fly into States

• Falcons Cross Country Crushes Records

Catherine ‘The Spark’ Holbrook

• Falcons Cross Country Crushes Records

Cross Country Stumbles at Oatlands

Falcons Cross Country Crushes Records