Tony Andreini Sets His Sight on Senior Night

Tony+Andrieni
Tony Andrieni

Tony Andrieni

Colin Fegeley

Colin Fegeley

Tony Andrieni

Noe Brady and Claire Melton

Tony “Big Tone” Andreini

Tony Andreini (#25 on the field, #1 in our hearts) is a captain for the Green Hope varsity soccer team. In addition to his one goal and assist, he makes crucial plays and has lead the team to a 10-1 record so far this season. He’s been a loyal Green Hope soccer player for four years now, with his first two years on JV and junior and senior year on varsity. Tony plays center midfield, but he dislocated his kneecap in one of his recent games. He’s on the road to recovery and is hoping to be be back on the field as soon as he can.

How does it feel to be leading the team to victory?

“It feels good, we’ve got a good group of guys. I’d say it’s a lot of fun, and it’s good to be there as captain.”

What challenges do you face being a captain?

“Not a lot, we’ve got a bunch of good players and a solid group. I guess it’s just keeping them serious when they need to be, but other than that it’s pretty easy with these guys.”

Do you think your experience has changed after being a captain compared to last season?

“For sure. Last season I wasn’t as involved as I am now. Being a captain is a much more expanded role, but I’m happy to do it.”

How has the team improved so far this season?

“I think we’ve matured a lot, we’re starting to score more goals, pitching a lot of shutouts, so it’s going well so far, but we’re taking it one game at a time.”

Which players do you think have contributed and put in a lot of effort this year?

“Our goalie, Matt Hayes, is having a good season, Dylan Enseling, a bunch of the young guys, scoring a lot of goals, so that’s big time. Everyone’s pretty solid.”

Do you feel pressure to continue winning and meet the expectations for our athletics program?

“Definitely. Green Hope has always had a really good program so we always want to be a top team and we’re doing that this year.”

How does it feel to have a banner of yourself in the stadium?

“I kind of have mixed reviews on that. I don’t know if I like it as much now because everybody’s been talking about it, but it’s just there and I gotta live with it.”

What are you going to miss the most about soccer next year after you graduate?

“I’m going to miss the team aspect, being around a group of guys to mess around with but can also have fun and compete out there with.”

How has your recent injury affected you?

“It’s been tough. It cut out half of my senior season, which is kind of a bummer, but I’m doing what I can to get back as soon as I can.”

When do you project to return to playing?

“Hopefully 2-3 weeks, before Senior Night, that’s my goal.”

About the Writers
Noe Brady, Staff Writer

Noe Brady is a dedicated XC runner (I Company) and dog lover. This is her first year in Falcon News Feed and she’s looking forward to writing about sports. Noe is Fetty Wap’s #1 fan alongside Kirsten Brasington. Her life motto is “Savage on, feelings off.”Add her on snap @noe_brady

Claire Melton, Senior Staff Writer

Claire Melton, who would describe herself as “really rad” is a senior at Green Hope. She is joining The Falcon once again this year after being part of the staff last year. This summer she traveled to the beach, mountains, and Michigan. In her free time she likes to hang out with friends. Her favorite color is yellow and her favorite animal is a sloth. If she could go anywhere on vacation it would be Venice. Her biggest fear is thunderstorms. For her last year of high school, she is looking forward to graduating.