Golf Drives Past Panther Creek

Robert Schoonover

Robert Schoonover

Kohl Abrams, Sports Writer

Yesterday the Tri-6 golf teams hit the links in the conference championship at Pine Hollow Country Club in Clayton NC. The team came in 2nd overall only behind Athens Drive who was carried by Jenny Chang who recorded a state record 61. The Green Hope team posted a score of 237 with Lauren Nee (75) and Halynn Lee (79) leading the way for the falcons. The 237 was good enough to blow away PC who recorded a poor 260 who didn’t even have a single girl break 80. The golf team helped secure the third Fight for 55 point and have had a great season so far. Now the team’s focus will be gearing up for the regional tournament, and looking forward to competing for the state championship. Congratulations ladies and good luck at the regional tournament.

Kohl Abrams, Senior Staff Writer

Kohl Abrams is a senior, who is on his second year at the Falcon. He is looking forward to making a great sports section for the Falcon, and showing the whole school his work. Kohl is on the Varsity baseball team for Green Hope, and he plays travel baseball outside of school. He also works at the YMCA. He says his favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, because he can enjoy football, good food, and family time. His favorite place is the beach, and he enjoys going in the water. That being said, he doesn’t like the sand. Kohl’s favorite animal is a monkey, because they make cool sounds and they get to climb around all day. If he could only have one pet, he would have to have a monkey. He took this class again because he really enjoyed last year, and he values the relationships made in this class.