Lady Gaga Cancels Tour

Courtesy of Live Nation

Bianca Serafano, Staff Writer

Lady Gaga’s world tour began on August 1st, 2017 and was scheduled to end on December 14th, 2017. Gaga was touring the globe to promote her recently released album, Joanne. Following the cancellation of her tour date in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, she has announced that the rest of her tour will be postponed until 2018 due to “severe chronic pain.”

The singer-songwriter suffers from Fibromyalgia, a disorder characterized by widespread muscle pain and tenderness. Previously, Gaga has had to cancel shows due to pain brought by her Fibromyalgia, including needing surgery due to a broken hip caused by inflammation. Much of this information has not been publicly spoken about before.

On social media, Lady Gaga, whose real name is Stefani Germanotta, spoke out about why she chose to postpone her tour, and chose to explain herself. In the post she says, “I use the word suffer not for pity, or attention, and have been disappointed to see people online suggest that I’m being dramatic, making this up, or playing the victim to get out of touring.” She goes on to say that she’s a fighter and is telling the complete truth.  She tells her fans that she loves them and states, “I have to be with my doctors right now so I can be strong and perform for you all for the next 60 years or more.”

A Netflix documentary called “Lady Gaga: Five Foot Two” was recently released which showcases the eight-month period leading up to her tour and more information about Germanotta’s background, and her history of chronic pain.

• Lady Gaga Cancels Tour

Top Google Searches of 2017

• Lady Gaga Cancels Tour

Net Neutrality: What is it and How Does it Affect You?

• Lady Gaga Cancels Tour

GHHS Running Trail Construction

• Lady Gaga Cancels Tour

One Nation Under Doug

• Lady Gaga Cancels Tour

Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban on Movie Theaters

Lady Gaga Cancels Tour