CFB Game of the Week: Louisville vs. Clemson

Can Lamar Jackson create more Heisman magic?

Bradley Stewart

Bradley Stewart

Kohl Abrams, Sports Writer

Looking for a great game to watch this weekend? Tune in to ABC this Saturday at 9:00 pm to watch the FNF game of the week. #3 Clemson is taking on #14 Louisville, in Louisville, a rematch of the heart pounding 42-36 game last year. This year, Louisville is hoping to take down the Tigers, and make a run for the college football playoff.

Both teams are coming into the week with a respectable 2-0 record. Clemson has beat Kent St. and Auburn, while Louisville beat Purdue and UNC. Louisville has never beaten Clemson in their 3 meetings since 2014, but have not lost by more than 1 score. Clemson is coming into the game as a 3 point favorite, but many experts say Louisville has a legitimate chance for the upset.

Key Players

Louisville:

Lamar Jackson: As the reigning Heisman trophy winner, the Cardinals have been leaning on Jackson all year. Jackson has continued to put up video game numbers this season with 5 passing touchdowns, and another on the ground. Louisville die-hards are hoping for another spectacular performance from him that not only leads the team to a massive victory, but improves his Heisman chances.

Jaire Alexander: Alexander is undoubtedly the best defensive player Louisville has, but is currently nursing an injury and listed as day to day. He will be a key part in holding the Clemson passing game in check.

Clemson:

Defensive Line: With the best 1-2 punch in college football in former Wake Forest High School player Dexter Lawrence and Christian Wilkins, the Tigers are coming off a game where they had 11 sacks. The line will need to replicate that performance to have a chance at slowing down Lamar Jackson.

CJ Fuller: Replacing one of the best running backs in the ACC is a hard task, but Fuller has proven himself a worthy successor.  Fuller has been a key to the Clemson attack so far this year. He has racked up 2 touchdowns in 2 weeks and is looking to have another big game.

About the Contributors
Kohl Abrams, Senior Staff Writer

Kohl Abrams is a senior, who is on his second year at the Falcon. He is looking forward to making a great sports section for the Falcon, and showing the...

Bradley Stewart, Staff Writer

Hi, I’m Bradley, a senior sports writer on the Falcon News Feed staff.  This is my second year on the Falcon News Feed team.  I have spent my entire...