CFB Game of the Week: Louisville vs. Clemson

Can Lamar Jackson create more Heisman magic?

Bradley Stewart

Bradley Stewart

Kohl Abrams, Sports Writer

Looking for a great game to watch this weekend? Tune in to ABC this Saturday at 9:00 pm to watch the FNF game of the week. #3 Clemson is taking on #14 Louisville, in Louisville, a rematch of the heart pounding 42-36 game last year. This year, Louisville is hoping to take down the Tigers, and make a run for the college football playoff.

Both teams are coming into the week with a respectable 2-0 record. Clemson has beat Kent St. and Auburn, while Louisville beat Purdue and UNC. Louisville has never beaten Clemson in their 3 meetings since 2014, but have not lost by more than 1 score. Clemson is coming into the game as a 3 point favorite, but many experts say Louisville has a legitimate chance for the upset.

Key Players

Louisville:

Lamar Jackson: As the reigning Heisman trophy winner, the Cardinals have been leaning on Jackson all year. Jackson has continued to put up video game numbers this season with 5 passing touchdowns, and another on the ground. Louisville die-hards are hoping for another spectacular performance from him that not only leads the team to a massive victory, but improves his Heisman chances.

Jaire Alexander: Alexander is undoubtedly the best defensive player Louisville has, but is currently nursing an injury and listed as day to day. He will be a key part in holding the Clemson passing game in check.

Clemson:

Defensive Line: With the best 1-2 punch in college football in former Wake Forest High School player Dexter Lawrence and Christian Wilkins, the Tigers are coming off a game where they had 11 sacks. The line will need to replicate that performance to have a chance at slowing down Lamar Jackson.

CJ Fuller: Replacing one of the best running backs in the ACC is a hard task, but Fuller has proven himself a worthy successor.  Fuller has been a key to the Clemson attack so far this year. He has racked up 2 touchdowns in 2 weeks and is looking to have another big game.

About the Contributors
Kohl Abrams, Senior Staff Writer
Kohl Abrams is a senior, who is on his second year at the Falcon. He is looking forward to making a great sports section for the Falcon, and showing the whole school his work. Kohl is on the Varsity baseball team for Green Hope, and he plays travel baseball outside of school. He also works...
Bradley Stewart, Staff Writer
Hi, I’m Bradley, a senior sports writer on the Falcon News Feed staff.  This is my second year on the Falcon News Feed team.  I have spent my entire life in the Triangle.  I have an older brother and sister and a twin brother.  On weekends, I enjoy playing sports with my friends, especially basketball....