Is “It” the King of Horror Movies?

Warner Bros.

Warner Bros.

Bianca Serafano, Staff Writer

**Disclaimer: there are spoilers in this article**

Stephen King’s It movie was released on September 7th. The release has been long-awaited ever since the original It movie was released in 1990. This drama/horror movie is rated R and has a running time of 2 hours and 15 minutes. IMDb has rated the movie an 8.5 out of 10, and Rotten Tomatoes has rated it at 90%. The Rotten Tomatoes rating shows that there was 90% of positive professional reviews for the film. It is showing in movie theaters across the US, and has showing times at multiple theaters in the Cary area (Park West Village, Frank theaters, Beaver Creek Stadium 12, and more).

This thriller takes place in Maine, and is about a group of bullied teenagers coming together to stop Pennywise the Clown from hunting young children. The hunting begins when a 6 year old boy, Georgie, floats his boat down the street on a rainy day. The boat falls down a sewer, and Pennywise appears and takes him. Georgie’s stuttering brother, Bill, makes a group of ostracized friends to help find and stop the killer clown from hurting anymore vulnerable kids.

It has already received numerous reviews all over the internet. The website Vox, has written an article, titling it, “It: a superb Stephen King adaptation fueled less by scary clowns than by real-life evil.” Another review by The Verge said, “Stephen King’s It is the rare monster movie with too much monster.” To conclude, there have been multiple positive and negative reviews across the internet and there will continue to be more to come as the movie stays in theaters.

Bianca Serafano, Staff Writer
Bianca is a sophomore at Green Hope and this is her first year in Falcon News Feed. She enjoys photography, writing, and playing sports, such as basketball. Bianca’s favorite color is pink and she loves animals. Her birthday is October 11 and her favorite holiday is Halloween.