Green Hope Soccer Blanks Fuquay

Bradon Morton, Staff Writer

Brandon Morton
Green Hope Men’s Soccer Takes Possession

On Tuesday, August 29th, the Green Hope Men’s Soccer Team beat Fuquay-Varina, 4-0, in a non-conference game. The team started the scoring early with a handball from Fuquay, this resulted in a PK for sophomore Sammy Durand to slot home.

The rest of the first half ended up back and forth between the teams and multiple missed chances from the Falcons. The half-time pep talk from Coach Corsbie must have motivated the boys to finish their chances in the 2nd half.

Junior Dylan Enseling started off the second half with a quick goal right past the Fuquay goalie.In the 56th minute, Dylan was able to score another one from an assist by Connor Brookshire. These two quick goals by Enseling put the team up 3-0 with over 20 minutes left in the second half.

In the 69th minute, a beautiful run by Sean Petersen ended up in a cross to Walker Dyson to score and put the team up 4-0.

Interviewing Sammy Durand, I asked about the team this year, he responded, “I really believe that we are a special team. We have a grit to us and an never-ending motivation to keep fighting in any game.”

When asked about his performance last night, Durand said, “I believe I played much better in the first half then I did in the second half.”

I was able to ask Sammy about the potential for a repeat this year, and he said, “I really think we have the talent to make another run at a State Championship. We may have a lot of  new and young people on the team, but we are very motivated through the strong leadership of Tony Andreini to accomplish the same as the team last year.”

The team plays again on Thursday night against East Wake High School in the Wake County Cup at home. Come out and support your reigning state champs.

About the Photographer
Brandon Morton, Staff Writer
Brandon Morton is a first time writer this year for Falcon News Feed. He believes that he is a semi-professional water polo player. His favorite hobby outside of sports is to take long walks on the beach with his dog in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Brandon’s favorite dish is grilled ham and cheese...