Green Hope Football Travels to Leesville Road

Green Hope travels to Leesville Road for a non-conference game

GH Football

GH Football

Bradley Stewart, Staff Writer

The Green Hope football team is off to a strong 1-1 start with new coach David Green.  Despite falling into a 28-point hole, the Falcons never gave up hope and nearly completed a late fourth quarter comeback before suffering a 38-28 loss against Southern Nash in the season opener. Senior transfer Jordyn Adams led the comeback in his Green Hope debut, catching two long touchdown passes from junior quarterback Willie Taylor.

A week later, Coach Green notched his first win as a Falcon when Green Hope routed Apex, 37-12.  Taylor threw two touchdowns to senior Blake Watson as Green Hope’s offense cut its way through the Cougar defense. Additionally, Senior Dylon Washington ran right through the Apex’s defense, having himself a game to remember and finding pay dirt for the first time this season.

Green Hope looks to improve upon their 6-6 season from a year ago  in their new conference, the Triangle 6. Riverside, Cary, Athens Drive, Jordan, and Panther Creek join us in the newly formed conference.  The Falcons are the favorite to win the conference this year, returning Blake Watson, Willie Taylor, Dylon Washington, and the majority of the offensive line. On defense, Green Hope returns key contributors Chuck Hills, Andrew Becvar, Monte Williams, and Colin Nagel.  They add Four-star wide receiver Jordyn Adams who transferred to Green Hope last spring from Blythewood High School in South Carolina.  Adams, who has already made an impact on offense and special teams, will be a focal point of the Falcons’ offense this year.  

Green Hope’s next game is Tonight at Leesville Road.  Leesville is 2-0, so this a big game for the Falcons. Come out and support and help cheer Green Hope to victory.

Bradley Stewart, Staff Writer

Hi, I’m Bradley, a senior sports writer on the Falcon News Feed staff.  This is my second year on the Falcon News Feed team.  I have spent my entire life in the Triangle.  I have an older brother and sister and a twin brother.  On weekends, I enjoy playing sports with my friends, especially basketball.  I enjoy watching and playing basketball, football, and golf.  My favorite sports teams are the Steelers and Duke.